Good secs for high end gaming?

Hi there,

Have been saving up for a good pc for a few years now. One that I wish to run even the most demanding games like Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2 etc, on high settings. Are these components more than good enough for these requirements?

CPU:

Intel core i7-3820 Quad core processor (3.6ghz) 10mb cache

MOTHERBOARD

Asus Rampage 4 Extreme: intel X79 socket 2011

MEMORY

8GB RAM

GRAPHICS CARD

Nvidia Geforce GTX 670 (2gb)

(I recognise the importance of system cooling so I have decided to invest in an Intel Liquid cooler)

Advice would be much appreciated! :)
8 answers Last reply
More about good secs high gaming
  1. Good secs and gaming don't really go together :lol: (what you want is pretty girl)

Seriously though don't waste money on the i7. Get the 3570K. And a far cheaper mobo. Use the saved money to take a nice girl out maybe it will lead to good secs later :p
  2. its a little overkill for gaming, save some money on the CPU and MOBO and maybe spend it on a custom water cooling rather than a closed loop cooler. the GTX 670 is the best choice of graphics card at the moment and 8gb ram is plenty for gaming.
  3. For the CPU get the new ivy bridge i5 3570k. For mobo i'd go for the Asus Maximus V Gene
  4. FinneousPJ said:
    Good secs and gaming don't really go together :lol: (what you want is pretty girl)

Seriously though don't waste money on the i7. Get the 3570K. And a far cheaper mobo. Use the saved money to take a nice girl out maybe it will lead to good secs later :p

Considering I have had a lovely girlfriend for 2 years, I don't think that's gonna be a problem..

Cheers for the advice, although I must say this is a forum on computers and hardware, not relationship tips.
  5. Mercer95, cheers for the tips. Will bear those in mind.
  6. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  7. Tommy, I think you somehow missed the humor in your misspelled subject and FinneousPJ's oustanding reply. +100 to FinneousPJ!
  8. Oh, and agree with the above posters. If not dropping the money on custom liquid, the venerable Hyper 212 Evo provides great cooling for cheap.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Intel Systems