Good secs for high end gaming?

Tommy H

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Hi there,

Have been saving up for a good pc for a few years now. One that I wish to run even the most demanding games like Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2 etc, on high settings. Are these components more than good enough for these requirements?

CPU:

Intel core i7-3820 Quad core processor (3.6ghz) 10mb cache

MOTHERBOARD

Asus Rampage 4 Extreme: intel X79 socket 2011

MEMORY

8GB RAM

GRAPHICS CARD

Nvidia Geforce GTX 670 (2gb)

(I recognise the importance of system cooling so I have decided to invest in an Intel Liquid cooler)

Advice would be much appreciated! :)

Good secs and gaming don't really go together :lol: (what you want is pretty girl)

Seriously though don't waste money on the i7. Get the 3570K. And a far cheaper mobo. Use the saved money to take a nice girl out maybe it will lead to good secs later :p

mercer95

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
its a little overkill for gaming, save some money on the CPU and MOBO and maybe spend it on a custom water cooling rather than a closed loop cooler. the GTX 670 is the best choice of graphics card at the moment and 8gb ram is plenty for gaming.

Tommy H

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

Considering I have had a lovely girlfriend for 2 years, I don't think that's gonna be a problem..

Cheers for the advice, although I must say this is a forum on computers and hardware, not relationship tips.