Screen resolution problem with new gfx card.

hybridevil1

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
I recently purchased a radeon hd 7850 2gb gfx card and installed it today, but when I put the resolution in 1920x1080 it wont go full screen. The thing is, it was just working fine in full screen with my old gfx card. When I go into safe mode 1080 works as normal... im pullin my hair out. I also cannot open the AMD vision control center although when I try, it shows the process " atieclxx.exe "running in task manager... Im going to try and reinstall drivers but was wondering if anyone knew of stable drivers from guru3d or something cuz the drivers from AMD site are seemingly installing successfully but aren't working correctly.

thnx guys..

hybridevil1

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
yea iv tried hdmi to hdmi and dvi to hdmi. neither work. ill try to find my old VGA cable. this is pissing me off :(

the hdmi cords that I have are kinda cheap but they worked fine with old card so i dunno if that matters.

hybridevil1

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Iv tried installing the catalyst software multiple times and in safe mode. software will not open so i cant make it to scaling options..

ALSO! when I am in safe mode, it displays in 1080, but still wont when I boot in standard mode.

hybridevil1

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
yea pluggin it to hdmi port on new card (also tried DVI to hdmi with same results). now when i start up, ccc.exe pops up like 3 diff times and asks if i want to allow it to make changes to the computer. I click yes each time but nothing seems to happen... could it be that my card is somehow faulty? it still plays all the games I want it to, but just in "fake" 1080 mode. it says its in 1080 on my 23" monitor even tho the viewing space is that of a 22"

hybridevil1

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
I also tried installing driver version 12.2 and managed to get it full screen, but windows AERO stopped working.. , I read that selecting windows 7 default scheme could possibly jump start AERO but I had no such luck.

hybridevil1

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
could it be that its a pci express 3.0 card? its supposed to have backwards compatibility tho..

anyone think i should just return this card? I sooo want it to work cuz i HATE sending *** back. It just seems that no one has any idea why my screen would b running in "fake" 1920x1080"

Are there any advanced ways to COMPLETELY remove ALL AMD software? Would registry values affect it?

Are leaked drivers worth a shot at this point? and where is a good site to download them?

Wesson

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

Just replaced gt 530 with gt 740 and it decided that 1024x768 was my native resolution when my monitor best supported 1366x768.

I decided to take your advice and used windows 10 reset to reset pc to default, and everything is the way it should be >>>thanks<<<.