Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can someone help me out with my CPU ?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
November 11, 2012 12:42:35 PM

Sorry i'm newbie here :D 

I wanna ask a common asked question but it seems that i can't solve this problem alone.

I just bought a PC with this spec :

Processor : intel core i5 3570 ivybridge
Motherboard : asrock b75
Ram : patriot viper 3 pc 12800 9.9.9.24 8 giga
Power fsp 750 watt
VGA XFX HD R7850 core edition
hard disk western digital black 1 TB
Monitor : dell S2330MX full HD LED with 2ms overdrive

What i want to know is :
1) Is it bottlenecked ? I mean i just played battlefield 3 on my computer, i use fraps and it showed only 30 FPS. (but the setting is all ULTRA and all maximized)
2) And how about my computer spec ? i mean is it good enough for gaming and such ? i mean is it balanced ?
3) I got some stuffs on my buying list like : cooling fan, and UPS. And i only use this kind of case, medium sized case with 5 fans (2 in fronts, 1 top, 1 rear, 1 side 18cm fan). Do i need a bigger tower case and do i need those stuffs ?

Any kind of helps and comments are faithfully appreciated.

Thank you :) 

More about : cpu

Best solution

November 11, 2012 1:35:11 PM

Hey there :)  You have a great gaming processor, undoubtedly one of the best if not the best so no bottlenecking there. Your ram is fine, good power supply, good WD hard drive. The problem is your graphics card, it's actually a good graphics card it's just that it doesn't perform as well as nVidia cards on battlefield 3. You should max out any other game except crysis. Just change settings to custom, stay at 1080p (I looked at your monitor) and turn anti-ailiasing down a bit, that'll make some difference. Try turning down Anisotropic Filtering (AF) a little and see if it makes any difference.
Just mess around and see what you like that looks good but ideally gives above 50fps - It shouldnt be that hard to do.

Hope I helped! :) 
a b à CPUs
November 11, 2012 5:24:10 PM

Well, you could squeeze out some more performance from the GPU if you get the 12.11 drivers. They really help performance in BF3. Also, if you turned up the anti aliasing, that takes a big hit on the FPS. Lower the anti aliasing a little, and performance will improve.
m
l
Related resources
a c 186 à CPUs
November 11, 2012 5:51:18 PM

Depends on what settings you have BF3 on.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 11, 2012 5:53:12 PM

You are fine!Using fraps with all on ultra and still get 30fps is very good!You probably get 50-60 fps without fraps running.Your GPU could be better but it is good enough.You can try to OC it to get more juice out of it but I'd rather reduce shadow quality,AA and AF to run everything great without shorting the GPU life span.
Your case is also fine,most cases are mid-towers,make sure you use 2 fronts fans for intake,rear exhaust,top exhaust and side intake.
A CPU cooler isn't a bad idea but don't spend much on it,get a Evo212 if you plan to OC the CPU in the future.Although it is not a K series it can be OCed and should be OCed.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 11, 2012 6:00:39 PM

I would not OC a non-K series CPU. The only way to OC those is through the BCLK, and that is a really bad way to go about OC'ing. The K series lets you OC via multiplier, which is easier and carries less risk of damaging your components.
m
l
a c 186 à CPUs
November 11, 2012 6:03:12 PM

obsama1 said:
I would not OC a non-K series CPU. The only way to OC those is through the BCLK, and that is a really bad way to go about OC'ing. The K series lets you OC via multiplier, which is easier and carries less risk of damaging your components.

You can overclock through turbo boost.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 11, 2012 6:38:02 PM

Really? I never knew that.
m
l
November 11, 2012 10:54:08 PM

amuffin said:
You can overclock through turbo boost.

+1
m
l
November 11, 2012 11:51:14 PM

Wow, so much helps and comments :D 

Thanks guys, i'll try to ask my friend who has more knowledge than me in IT and computers based on all your helps and we'll see what we can do to improve my PC performance.

Thank you very much :) 
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 11, 2012 11:54:13 PM

Nope no problem here! Overlcock the CPU and GPU and then everything would be great!
m
l
November 22, 2012 6:36:09 AM

Best answer selected by radityaanggaa.
m
l
!