Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Updating Catalyst Control Center, Video Card Driver

Last response: in Windows 7
January 29, 2012 3:47:27 PM

I want to update my video card, which I haven't done since I got my laptop a year ago. I'm not very experienced when it comes to drivers, and I want to make sure I get the right one. I'm looking for a second opinion.

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v video card, I think it's series is 4650 but I’m not sure.

Catalyst Control Center says it's driver packaging version is 8.742, I imagine that's pretty old.

Is using the AMD Driver Auto-detect the best way to update my video card? It says:
Graphics Hardware: Mobility Radeon HD 4xxx Series
The best driver for this device is: catalyst_mobility_64-bit_util.exe

Is this right for me? or is there another way to update this card.

Best solution

January 29, 2012 5:06:14 PM

You can go to the following link to update Catalyst. When you update, it automatically detects your card. Its pretty simple. In fact they just released an update.

You can go directly here to update...

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

Once you get there... look for the link... Automatically Detect and Install

Its that simple. Good Luck.

a b \ Driver
a c 85 U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2012 5:21:55 PM

if this is a laptop go to the maker site with model and name of it
m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2012 6:22:02 PM

scout_03 said:
if this is a laptop go to the maker site with model and name of it

I did that not long ago, it's a dell laptop, and the driver found there was released on 6/29/2010, v8.742, A02. I'm looking for a new version, not the original.
m
l
January 29, 2012 6:24:24 PM

tough1989 said:
I did that not long ago, it's a dell laptop, and the driver found there was released on 6/29/2010, v8.742, A02. I'm looking for a new version, not the original.

which is why I provided you with a direct link to where you need to go. Note above.
m
l
January 29, 2012 6:25:47 PM

Best answer selected by tough1989.
m
l
!