Prebuilt PC Upgrade help

Hey Guys!

I'm planning on upgrading my PC to be used for gaming as well as for work. I don't know much about computers so I think it's better to ask than to waste money buying then the hardware might not be compatible.

My current specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 @ 3.1GHz
Motherboard: Asus CM6630_CM6730_CM6830
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 405
Ram: Kingston 4GB DDR3

I'm planning to upgrade my graphics card to a GTX 560 Ti and my Ram to a 8GB DDR3.

So, will the cpu bottleneck the graphics card? Is the graphics card compatible with the motherboard? What type and brand of ram will I use?
What power supply should I use?
16 answers Last reply
More about prebuilt upgrade help
  1. I would get a gtx 560ti, if you are worried about the cpu bottle-necking then upgrade to a i3-2120 @3.3 ghz and get a 550 watt psu,ram to kingston hyper x, g.skill sniper, corsair vengeance.
  2. Thanks for answer bro. Appreciate it. But I'm kinda worried that the gtx 560 ti wouldn't fit, since the pc is prebuilt.
  3. what is in it now???? it should fit in a full or mid tower pc... can you post pics????
  4. No, sorry. I'll find a picture of it in the internet. Thanks again for the reply. :D
  5. Look up the measurements of the card that you are looking at and check the dimensions of the case so you know that it will fit. I would look at something like a cx500 from corsair as a cheap option to upgrade that psu with.
  6. Better yet, I would go for a hd7850. It is a stronger, smaller and more energy efficient card, but that is just my opinion.
  7. A picture does nothing.. check the measurements.
  8. It will fit
  9. It should fit.

And the Corsair CX500 should power the computer just fine.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027
  10. Thanks guys! I will have to save for few more weeks than I can upgrade it, I think. :D
  11. Cool :D
  12. Hey, just a quick question. If I were to upgrade into a better processor, what it would be and will it be compatible with my motherboard or do I have to a buy a new one?
  13. If it is sandy bridge you can use yours :)
  14. So... I can upgrade to a Intel i5-@2500k
  15. Yeah it will work fine :P
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Systems Graphics Cards Systems Product