Acer ax1420g-u5832 was a bad buy

mrkabon

Honorable
May 9, 2012
I shouldn't have bought this computer. But now I'm stuck with it. Everything is great except the graphic card. To get a new graphics card I may need a new power supply. It has NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150SE graphics and a 220W power supply. It's a little computer with no room in it. I need a low profile graphics card, that hopefully doesn't need a new power supply (no room), to play Black Ops. I am not a big gamer, I'll play on the lowest graphic settings, I don't care about things like that. I just need a lot more than 4 to 6 fps, it's unplayable. What the best way to go for the lowest price tag?

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
acer is a low end brand and this has a very old CPU/MB in it so dont expect it to blow you away with graphics. any higher end card will take more than 220W of power, ods are your coming close to maxing that as is. the PSU in that is not standard sized so it will be hard to get a new one with out a new case or spenending more money on a odd form factor.

you can build this up if you want or swap cases to fit a full sized video card. outside of that this is about the best card you can get:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102958

robustus64

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Its easy really once you have done it a time or two but as a noob it can be daunting but keep in mind there are a ton of how to videos and such just do some research and you will be ok in the swap.

Zritter

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012

TRENDING THREADS