PCI card suddenly died?

LordTsar

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
Hi there,

So today I go to turn on my PC and for some reason my WiFi PCI card isnt working, It says that the LAN connection adapter is not working properly.

I haven't touched the card and neither the drivers so any advice?

The drivers installer is saying there is no card installed when quite clearly there is.

Thanks.

LordTsar

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
Sadly I cant, its a Micro ATX with only two slots, which dosnt help.

The error code is saying that the Ethernet Controller has failed not the card, but why would that effect the card?

socialfox

Distinguished
Hmm, can you post your motherboard model up? I think we should start by uninstalling that driver and re-installing the new one from the driver website. In addition uninstall your wifi card driver and post that model up as well. I will look for a new driver. Also open up device manager and see if the card is recognized there. To open device manager just type it in the search bar for windows after clicking the start button

socialfox

Distinguished
Okay download the ethernet diagnostic tool provided under the gigabyte support part of your motherboard page. Let me know the results. Anyways corrupt drivers can happen randomly sometimes. I myself have never had corrupt drivers before though...
Might help if you run driver sweeper to remove all traces of those old drivers prior to installing the new ones.

LordTsar

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
I feel a bit stupid but I cant find the diagnostic tool you are suggesting, can you swing me a link?

I will post a update tomorrow.

Thanks.

socialfox

Distinguished
Hey no problem, I do feel kind of guilt since I could not help you resolve your problem so if you ever need help related to this thread or anything else feel free to send me a PM, I will answer you once I get the message.