Intake or Exhaust, BitFenix Outlaw?

qrj

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Long time lurker, first time poster. Figured I'd sign up and join in on the fun.

Anyway, I have a BitFenix Outlaw case with 7 fans in it right now and I'm not sure which fans should be intakes and which should be exhausts.

Front 2 fans are obviously going to be intakes. The rear fan an exhaust. My real question is about the top and side fans.

I have the side fans as intakes, to blow cool air down on the mobo. I also have the top fans set as intakes. Now, I know that top fans are usually supposed to be exhausts, since heat rises and all that, but this case has an inverted motherboard layout. So, the video card is at the very top of the case and the video card fan points up towards the top of the case, rather than down. If I set the top fans as exhausts, aren't they pulling out air that the video card needs to pull in?

It seems like I have too many intakes.

Here's an example of the Outlaw case. Note, this is not my system.

4392_30_bitfenix_outlaw_mid_tower_chassis_review_full.jpg

4392_28_bitfenix_outlaw_mid_tower_chassis_review_full.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help/tips!

socialfox

Distinguished
IF there is a fan at the top of the case then that should be exhaust. I typically recommend the side panel fans as intakes. Though you may want to use only one if you have a tall heatsink. Positive pressure is a good thing in a case.