new battery charging?? help

just got my self a new phone and they say to charge the battery for 12
hours in the shop but the book has it for 1.5 hours what is right
thanks

---
More about battery charging help

    "damige" <damige@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
    > just got my self a new phone and they say to charge the battery for 12
    > hours in the shop but the book has it for 1.5 hours what is right
    > thanks

    It's always a good idea to charge a *new* never before used battery for 12
    to 16 hours. This applies for the first 2 or 3 charges, irrespective of
    what it may say in the manual.

    Also it's a good idea to periodically (say once a month or so) to let the
    battery discharge to the point of getting the "low battery" message on the
    phone, rather than continually topping it up.

    All the best,

    Ivor

    >just got my self a new phone and they say to charge the battery for 12
    >hours in the shop but the book has it for 1.5 hours what is right
    >thanks

    A NEW battery should be charged for 12 hours. The book says 1.5 because all the
    current phone models are shipped with an already charged phone. This is done so
    the sales perspsonal can "program" the phone if necessary and the customer can
    walk out with a working phone.

    --
    John S.

    Many thanks,
    i'll let it charge over nite
    damige

    "Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> wrote in message

    > "damige" <damige@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
    > > just got my self a new phone and they say to charge the battery for 12
    > > hours in the shop but the book has it for 1.5 hours what is right
    > > thanks
    >
    > It's always a good idea to charge a *new* never before used battery for 12
    > to 16 hours. This applies for the first 2 or 3 charges, irrespective of
    > what it may say in the manual.
    >
    > Also it's a good idea to periodically (say once a month or so) to let the
    > battery discharge to the point of getting the "low battery" message on the
    > phone, rather than continually topping it up.
    >
    > All the best,
    >
    > Ivor

    ---

Nokia Battery Virus