Solution
Why don't you just invest in a NH-D14? Or one of those Phantek PH-TC14CS? They're around the same price as the H80 and will perform much better.

darksora269

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
The main reason I'm going for this simplistic water cooler is because I don't feel like putting one together. 1. Too much money, for me, to put a whole water cooling rig together (GPU's and CPU) and 2. I hear you don't have to change this preassembled water cooler, well all preassembled water coolers.
I say water coolers instead of liquid cooling, I don't know why. Just hasn't caught onto me. I could easily go with a normal fan and heatsink cooler if anyone recommends one.

darksora269

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Thanks guys. :D I'll definently try to invest in one of this in one of the upcoming seasons. My current CPU cooler is a little $20 Zalman cooler... Totally sucks. It's louder than my standard 7.2k RPM HDD and my dual GPU's. Even when the gpu's run up to about 50%. They're 6950's so they are pretty loud so that says something.

Supposedly they're supposed to cool the RAM modules better, but I think they're more there for looks more than anything :lol:

As long as you have decent airflow in your case, I just can't see your RAM modules burning up (as long as you have SOME sort of heatsink on them). I can understand the Dominator Platinums, however, since those can go up to some insane frequencies (2800Mhz...)