What 7850 OC should I opt for ?

kingcobra85

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Hi Guys,

I have been really confused of late on what 7850 OC version to pickup.

It really battle between GV-R785OC-2GD or SAPPHIRE HD 7850 OC 2GB GDDR5

GV-R785OC-2GD costs $286 in my country where as the SAPPHIRE HD 7850 OC 2GB GDDR5 $320. What should I opt for considering the price difference. Gigabyte is also clocked higher but then again I do know we can over clock them.

Gigabyte warranty 3 yrs
Sapphire warranty 2 yrs
One more option Should I wait for other variants of 7850. If so what model

kingcobra85

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

Thank man I was thinking the same. With a price difference I can actually take the stock cooler and even replace it with custom one. As i heard the gigabyte card is loud.

thenewlexicon

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Personally I like the sapphire card more, but at that price difference you are probably better off with the Gigabyte(they are within $10 of each other where i live). I also heard the card is loud, but I have never had any issues with anything from gigabyte..

sunnk

Distinguished

no gigabyte cards are quite + cool cards they doent make any loud noise you should go with it you will be happy.:)

No, this model is said to be noisy because of the fans, look at newegg customers feedback. But generally speaking of Gigabyte they are great.

@OP i would recommend Sapphire too, or look for Asus Direct CU II it's great also and nothing wrong about it.