Anyone live close to a Microcenter?

DarthScabrous

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
I've been looking for the lowest price I could for the Intel i5-2500k. Cheapest I can find is $219. When I looked at Microcenter, I went crazy when I found out that they had the cpu for $169. Only problem is, the closest one to me is a state away.

So, I was wondering: Is there anyone here who is nice enough to go to the store and buy the cpu at that price and ship it to me? I only know of one way to do this, and that is through paypal. I don't want to get scammed, and if you think that I shouldn't do this, I won't. But really, $50 off of a cpu is a lot, and I can use that extra money towards a better board.

So, would anyone do this? And I mean someone who lives close, like its an easy drive over to it. And shipping wise, and USPS flat-rate box should suffice, no?

cranked

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2012
You take a big risk doing what you are asking. Think about it this way, if you do get scammed then you are out the cost of two CPU's. Then, suddenly that $50 doesn't seem like much.

I am not insinuating you are going to get scammed, but hey, it's the internet.

I don't live near a microcenter, but if you go this route and find someone you trust, they usually offer discounts on motherboards with the purchase of a intel CPU (might only be SB).

moornix

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Your best bet is to ask a trustworthy friend or relative.

The discount on mobo's is for z77 models with i5 3570k, i7 3820, or i7 2700k according to July's catalogue. You can check the prices in cart, so may as well check out the other processors like i5 2500k as well.