Sign in with
Your question
Solved

GPU 6850 showing up as 4800 series problem.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 10, 2012 1:17:57 PM

So I've upgraded my GPU from 4830 to 6850 while ago.

I've just noticed that my CCleaner and canyourunthis site gives me that I have 4800 series GPU.

But If i go through Device manager or GPUZ program, it shows as 6800.

I already clean installed the driver twice using driver sweeper and going through safe mode etc.

Can anyone help me out here?

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2012 1:46:38 PM

First there is nothing wrong with your system or installation. The issue I suspect is in the registry values or cache values for the software. They store system information so that they do not have to re-evaluate the system every time they are used. For whatever reason this information is not being updated to the change you mads. Device manager is telling the truth and I would bet that when you look at the hardware tab in CCC you will see the correct GPU. If this is a major issue for you, you might try to do a complete uninstall of the software using Revo (http://www.revouninstaller.com/) and then reinstall the software. This may clear up the issue.
May 10, 2012 1:49:16 PM

Dogsnake said:
First there is nothing wrong with your system or installation. The issue I suspect is in the registry values or cache values for the software. They store system information so that they do not have to re-evaluate the system every time they are used. For whatever reason this information is not being updated to the change you mads. Device manager is telling the truth and I would bet that when you look at the hardware tab in CCC you will see the correct GPU. If this is a major issue for you, you might try to do a complete uninstall of the software using Revo (http://www.revouninstaller.com/) and then reinstall the software. This may clear up the issue.

So this wont have effect in performance wise, right?
If it's just a registry issue and has nothing to do with performance, I'll just ignore it.
m
l
Related resources
May 10, 2012 1:55:41 PM

Dogsnake said:

And also, what you mean by Hardware tab in CCC. I dont see any hardware tab in CCleaner.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2012 6:14:33 PM

Catalyst Control Center. And by the way CC Cleaner is a nice tool to get rid of some un-needed files but does little to boost performance. You can delete those same files in other ways but Cleaner is handy. The reg. cleaner should be avoided particularly in Win7 unless you are very aware of what you are deleting. Tom's did a comparison of cleaners and reg. cleaners and found no performance benefit from them. Though CC Cleaner is a handy tool to free up some disk space in the short term. As the types of files removed will soon be there again. And yes the mis detecting of your gpu has no impact on its' performance.
m
l
May 10, 2012 10:34:05 PM

Dogsnake said:
Catalyst Control Center. And by the way CC Cleaner is a nice tool to get rid of some un-needed files but does little to boost performance. You can delete those same files in other ways but Cleaner is handy. The reg. cleaner should be avoided particularly in Win7 unless you are very aware of what you are deleting. Tom's did a comparison of cleaners and reg. cleaners and found no performance benefit from them. Though CC Cleaner is a handy tool to free up some disk space in the short term. As the types of files removed will soon be there again. And yes the mis detecting of your gpu has no impact on its' performance.

Thank you so much for the explanation and extra info the CCleaner.
You've been very helpful! Thanks again!
m
l
May 10, 2012 10:34:21 PM

Best answer selected by hodori.
m
l
!