MSI video card reviews

AlexVQc

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
I never owned an MSI video card and now I can get an MSI Geforce 670 OC for the price of an EVGA Geforce 670...

Comparing

MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 1045MHZ 2GB 3GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card

VS

EVGA GeForce GTX 670 915MHZ 2048MB 6008MHZ GDDR5 SLI 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E DX11 Video Card

for the same price which one should I get?

Thanks!

Solution
From personal experience, I removed the 'warranty void if removed' sticker from my MSI Radeon HD 6990, installed an aftermarket cooler, and caused permanent artifacts from overclocking with voltage tweaks. I should also mention, I bought the card used. I RMA'd the card about 4 weeks ago and they sent me a replacement last thursday. MSI warranty is the best I have seen. As far as I know, EVGA will not allow transfer of warranty and the card needs to be unmodified to qualify for warranty repair.

catatafish

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
I have an MSI and have been happy with the company. I've never owned a video card longer than 3 years anyway, so I didn't sweat the warranty when I bought it. Right now, I would buy on availability since they are both fine brands. The speed difference is soooo inconsequential.

Can you link? I may want to pick one up too :)

alrobichaud

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
From personal experience, I removed the 'warranty void if removed' sticker from my MSI Radeon HD 6990, installed an aftermarket cooler, and caused permanent artifacts from overclocking with voltage tweaks. I should also mention, I bought the card used. I RMA'd the card about 4 weeks ago and they sent me a replacement last thursday. MSI warranty is the best I have seen. As far as I know, EVGA will not allow transfer of warranty and the card needs to be unmodified to qualify for warranty repair.

Solution