Sign in with
Your question

Question about my i5 3570 past temperatures....

Last response: in CPUs
November 12, 2012 12:38:19 AM

So for about 5 months straight, I've had intel's stock cooler on this thing. I noticed the loading times for my processor were @ 60-70C and idling @ 30-35C I recently upgraded to a cheap Coolermaster TX3 push pin with antec diamond paste, and now my processor is idling @ a cool 22-28C and loading @ 48C max.

In the past, my processor temp would get really high, it didn't effect the performance but now i'm worried the high temps for such a long time could have shaved some years off my processor. Possibly effect the performance too? Also, my mobo was never set to shut down the processor/system @ any temp. I dont know if Intel could overrried my mobo and shut down the cpu on its own if it got hotter than 80C, but who really knows (my processor never shut down though).

What do you guys think?
a c 146 à CPUs
November 12, 2012 12:51:50 AM

jamzkang said:
So for about 5 months straight, I've had intel's stock cooler on this thing. I noticed the loading times for my processor were @ 60-70C and idling @ 30-35C I recently upgraded to a cheap Coolermaster TX3 push pin with antec diamond paste, and now my processor is idling @ a cool 22-28C and loading @ 48C max.

In the past, my processor temp would get really high, it didn't effect the performance but now i'm worried the high temps for such a long time could have shaved some years off my processor. Possibly effect the performance too? Also, my mobo was never set to shut down the processor/system @ any temp. I dont know if Intel could overrried my mobo and shut down the cpu on its own if it got hotter than 80C, but who really knows (my processor never shut down though).

What do you guys think?

22-28 idle and 48 degrees max is fine temperatures. Pretty much all modern CPU's have thermal throttling, where the CPU down clocks itself if it starts to get to high. They also have thermal shutdown, if the CPU goes over it's thermal junction it will shut down. There is nothing you can do about the past. The CPU works and that's all that matters. Might it have shortened the lifespan of your CPU, maybe but by the time you notice the effects the CPU will be obsolete anyway. Use the CPU and don't worry about it.
m
l
!