Desktop Icon Text Background

Would like to change the desktop icon text backgrounds to provide better
contrast. Display/Desktop/Color worked for one comp, but not this one.

What am I not doing wrong?
Both comps at issue are Win XP SP2

Thx
4 answers Last reply
More about desktop icon text background

    On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 16:25:39 -0600, Dave B wrote:

    > Would like to change the desktop icon text backgrounds to provide better
    > contrast. Display/Desktop/Color worked for one comp, but not this one.
    >
    > What am I not doing wrong?
    > Both comps at issue are Win XP SP2

    If you are using drop shadows on the text, you get white text. (Setting is
    in System Properties> Advanced> Performance> Settings)

    If you place a dark background on the desktop, you get white. Light
    background, black text. Adjust the color of the desktop in Display>

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Oh than you Sharon - right on

    It so intuitively obvious "Drop Shadows" refers to background/text color
    But then silly me - I liked DOS

    Thanks much - I really do appreciate your insight

    Dave

    On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 06:10:07 -0600, Dave B wrote:

    > Oh than you Sharon - right on
    >
    > It so intuitively obvious "Drop Shadows" refers to background/text color
    > But then silly me - I liked DOS
    >
    > Thanks much - I really do appreciate your insight
    >
    > Dave

    You're welcome, David. I liked DOS too. When using drop shadows, it doesn't
    matter what desktop color you use - the text will be white. Sorry if I
    didn't make that clear in my first reply.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    No problem - all's well that ends well. And it did.

    Dave

    > On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 06:10:07 -0600, Dave B wrote:
    >
    >> Oh than you Sharon - right on
    >>
    >> It so intuitively obvious "Drop Shadows" refers to background/text color
    >> But then silly me - I liked DOS
    >>
    >> Thanks much - I really do appreciate your insight
    >>
    >> Dave
    >
    > You're welcome, David. I liked DOS too. When using drop shadows, it
    > doesn't
    > matter what desktop color you use - the text will be white. Sorry if I
    > didn't make that clear in my first reply.
    >
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP