Desktop Icon Text Background

Would like to change the desktop icon text backgrounds to provide better
contrast. Display/Desktop/Color worked for one comp, but not this one.

What am I not doing wrong?
Both comps at issue are Win XP SP2

Thx

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 16:25:39 -0600, Dave B wrote:

> Would like to change the desktop icon text backgrounds to provide better
> contrast. Display/Desktop/Color worked for one comp, but not this one.
>
> What am I not doing wrong?
> Both comps at issue are Win XP SP2

If you are using drop shadows on the text, you get white text. (Setting is
in System Properties> Advanced> Performance> Settings)

If you place a dark background on the desktop, you get white. Light
background, black text. Adjust the color of the desktop in Display>
Appearance> Advanced> Item: Desktop.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Oh than you Sharon - right on

It so intuitively obvious "Drop Shadows" refers to background/text color
But then silly me - I liked DOS

Thanks much - I really do appreciate your insight

Dave

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 06:10:07 -0600, Dave B wrote:

> Oh than you Sharon - right on
>
> It so intuitively obvious "Drop Shadows" refers to background/text color
> But then silly me - I liked DOS
>
> Thanks much - I really do appreciate your insight
>
> Dave

You're welcome, David. I liked DOS too. When using drop shadows, it doesn't
matter what desktop color you use - the text will be white. Sorry if I
didn't make that clear in my first reply.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

No problem - all's well that ends well. And it did.

Dave