Solution

Assuming that you're talking about dropping the 8350 into your current motherboard, I would just do that.

And I'm with you on Skylake. That's actually when I plan to retire my 2500K.

montosaurous

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Despite using only a GTX 280, the Phenom II was only a few FPS behind the 8350 at all times gaming wise. It is also running Windows Vista. I'm running Windows 8. Other than processes that don't rely on OS, GPU, RAM, or HDD speed it's an unfair comparison.

Yeah, it's definitely not a perfect side by side comparison, but it gives you enough information to make a relatively informed decision.

It's a hell of a lot better than searching for hours for what is a perfect side by side comparison for every single bench that you're interested in, though, lol. One site will have one bench that you want, another will have another, and so on, and so on, etc.. Anandtech just makes it easier and it's good enough.

Edit: The gaming benches are always the ones that are a bit off between generations of CPU's with Anandtech. Everything else is usually spot on, though.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
From what i've seen, PD was better overall, and in single threaded apps as well. Games too, i don't remember seeing a game in which any older AMD CPU beat the FX 8350.

Go with PD IMO.

lame.png

skyrim%201680.png

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011

+1

Yep, I agree with that. Steamroller will be when it finally makes sense for people who currently own a high end PII to upgrade, but for a new build, the 8350 makes more sense.

Assuming that you're talking about dropping the 8350 into your current motherboard, I would just do that.

And I'm with you on Skylake. That's actually when I plan to retire my 2500K.

Solution