Need Help with upgrading graphics card

stuartbarnes123

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hey, i have a dell Vostro desktop computer and i need help with upgrading the graphics card.

i have a NVIDIA Geforce 310 and some of the games i play have started to lag. so i would like to know what would be the best graphics card to upgrade to?

The following are the system specs

Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo E700
3GBs of DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA Geforce 310

A great budget card would be a GeForce GTX 560Ti, or for a bit more a GTX 570.

On the AMD side a HD 6850 or 6870 would be solid choices as well.

Keep in mind that most GPU's are going to require separate power that the 310 won't require, so you will have to upgrade your Power Supply, or get a supplemental Power source.

Also, cards like the 560Ti come with an adapter, but your Power Supply probably won't have any extras.

begnme

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
On that motherboard you can upgrade to 8GB and a 2.1ghz quad core AMD (older version). To use the 8GB you will need a 64 bit OS (Windows 7).

mubin

Distinguished

But there will be too much bottelneck with a cpu of 1066mhz fsb.(Depending on games). Even with a GTX 550i or HD 6770 will bottleneck in that system. So buying gtx560i is not a good idea.

So my suggestion is to upgrade system or ovcerclock cpu(it will redure bottelneck). Or else buy gpu like gts450 or 6670.

mubin

Distinguished

Did you say AMD processor on Intel system? Oh no, Come on. AMD processor dosnt supprot intel based system. They both use different socket and different technology. AMD processor needs only amd supported motherboard and intel processor needs intel proccessor supported motherboard.

mubin

Distinguished

Upgrading to 8gb ram will not help you for graphic card. 4gb is enough. Ignore what beqnme said. You need a better psu as itzdanielp said.

But upgrade to new system or cpu will help you greatly.

mubin

Distinguished

Then HD 6670/HD 7750 will be the choice. If your psu is good enough, then it can handle them. What is psu watt?