Mar 30, 2012
hey guys, :hello:

I need some help.

I got:
Biostar67b+ motherboard
16g ddr3 G.skill memory
ASUS Ati 6870HD DirectCU
i5 2400k

I bought the GPU about a week ago, installed it and my monitor is telling me "no signal" I made sure everything was plugged in correctly. So I assumed that it was my 400w power supply that was the problem (the 6870 requires 500w).

I got a new 600w power supply made sure everything was plugged in right...still "no signal" :fou:

Any ideas?

DaveP90

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
My monitor is an Acer from maybe.....4 years ago? It's a Flat screen (wide) It has a DVi and a VGA both are labeled "In"

In the past when I used VGA, and than upgraded to the dvi the monitor automatically switched to that input on it's own.

I'm going to install the old card and than install the drivers for the new 6870, and see if that helps

DaveP90

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Mother board is: Biostar TP67b+

PSU is: PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703036 )

I just installed the old card, and it gave me the same "no signal" message again. So I rebooted again, and this time it told me windows could not start and forced me to do a system restore. The restore took about 30 sec and than it rebooted and all was fine. (on the old card)

:(

DaveP90

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Even if the psu was giving out 450 I don't believe that a 50w difference would be a problem when it came down to displaying something. Wouldn't it just hurt the life-span of the card?

DaveP90

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Old car is a radeon something. only 512mb of ddr.

Update: I left the old car in and put the 6870 back in. I had the monitor plugged into the 6870 and the display was there. I installed the drivers from the CD and was prompted to restart the system. I restarted the system, got passed the bios, and the windows log in. Once the desktop starts to load I get a blue screen telling me something is wrong with the display drivers, and dumping physical memory.

That being said, an new ideas as to why I may be getting blue screened after driver installation?

Edit: I let the drivers install automatically (default folder) from the CD that came with the card

Sonny73N

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
It sounds like problems with drivers. You can download DriverSweeper, install it then boot in safe mode, go to add/remove programs, uninstall all graphic drivers, don't restart just yet, open DriverSweeper, click on anything that say AMD or nVidia and clean them. Then shut down. If you do all steps above with the old card, time to switch to the new card. Turn on and Windows should load generic VGA driver for your new card. Then go AMD web site, download the latest driver and install it.

If it still won't work, you can re-install windows to troubleshoot the problem from the start. If all fail, time to RMA.