Sign in with
Your question

Are these idle temps okay?

Last response: in Systems
July 4, 2012 1:40:15 AM

I just bought a new CPU/Mobo/Ram, and was wondering if all the temps seem okay? These are my current idle temps...

More about : idle temps

a c 113 à CPUs
July 4, 2012 2:04:24 AM

The CPU and GPU temps are a bit high for Idle. You may want to upgrade the cooling on the CPU and airflow of the case your using. As for the graphics card, not much you can do other than buy a whole new one with better cooling.

Im guessing that room temperature is around 20 Degrees?
Related resources
July 4, 2012 2:18:23 AM

Yeah probably around there.. I have the fan for the GFX card on auto, should I set it to manual so it cools better? or what?
July 4, 2012 4:37:09 AM

Airflow in my opinion isnt bad, the side of my case is bent, so I actually cant even put the side of my case on, so is that bad? I would think that would only help the air flow..

I just noticed after playing a game for a while my temps got to 74c, that seems hot.
a c 113 à CPUs
July 4, 2012 4:40:28 AM

The side of the case being off is not good, it means that airflow isnt following any direction (Often front to back) and your fans are doing nothing. Since theres no airflow, pockets of hot air can form in the case and will be recycled back into your GPU and CPU.

Yep, 74 Degrees is pretty high, for a CPU or GPU.
July 4, 2012 4:45:12 AM

And what do you mean use that to compare temps?
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
July 4, 2012 4:49:18 AM

schpen said:
Airflow in my opinion isnt bad, the side of my case is bent, so I actually cant even put the side of my case on, so is that bad? I would think that would only help the air flow..

I just noticed after playing a game for a while my temps got to 74c, that seems hot.

don't worry about the side being bent; i haven't had the sides of any of my cases on for over 13 years w/o a problem.

74, is that you cpu? a gpu can get up to 90c depending on the card. but most importantly, what is the temp in the room? if it is hot like 28c than that idle won't go much lower as is.
July 4, 2012 4:58:51 AM

I'd say its about 20 degrees celcius in my room.. and so are you saying I should put the side on even if its bent? or are you saying its okay that its not on there. The 74 degrees was for my GPU btw, not CPU
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
July 4, 2012 5:15:04 AM

what is most important is the temp of your CPU when under 100% load; anything under 74c is acceptable, under 70c is great.

that 5xxx @ 74c is about normal for gaming. if your worried about it you can use after burner to increase the fan speed.
EDIT:
saying it isn't hurting to not have the side on.
a b à CPUs
July 5, 2012 1:34:36 AM

it is more complete then speecy will give you more details on your system
!