bluetooth connection via nokia suite 6.2 help plz!!!!

Last response: in Brands
Share
July 10, 2004 9:34:22 PM

help please!!!! ive tried everything!!!!

i have a toshiba 5100-503 laptop that has built in bluetooth and I cant get
it to connect via nokia suite 6.2.

in the connection section i have bluetooth (microsoft), infra red and serial
as options, when i click settings on bluetooth comes up with connection
manager, where i should be able to see my fone but nothing! i click start
over and still nothing! my bluetooth is working because i can access my fone
via bluetooth information manager... both the fone and comp are paired up
fine... this is really really bugging me now :(

TIA

Jaime
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 12:49:33 AM

"JJ" <sword76@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> help please!!!! ive tried everything!!!!
>
> i have a toshiba 5100-503 laptop that has built in bluetooth and I cant
> get it to connect via nokia suite 6.2.
>
> in the connection section i have bluetooth (microsoft), infra red and
> serial as options, when i click settings on bluetooth comes up with
> connection manager, where i should be able to see my fone but nothing! i
> click start over and still nothing! my bluetooth is working because i can
> access my fone via bluetooth information manager... both the fone and comp
> are paired up fine... this is really really bugging me now :(
>
> TIA

Sometimes, now, that mine is working, I can wait 5 to 10 minutes to see the
phone using bluetooth. When I activate bluetooth, the system just does not
see the phone and after a while it will see it. I have no ideea on how to
"initiate" this manually. Maybe you should wait in phone browser, refreshing
from time to time.
July 11, 2004 2:46:25 PM

hey

tried that, still nothing, dunno if the fact i have xp sp2 installed, hmmmm

JJ

"Romulus Marius Mare" <romulus_DOT_mare_AT_@interscope.ro> wrote in message

> "JJ" <sword76@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> help please!!!! ive tried everything!!!!
>>
>> i have a toshiba 5100-503 laptop that has built in bluetooth and I cant
>> get it to connect via nokia suite 6.2.
>>
>> in the connection section i have bluetooth (microsoft), infra red and
>> serial as options, when i click settings on bluetooth comes up with
>> connection manager, where i should be able to see my fone but nothing! i
>> click start over and still nothing! my bluetooth is working because i can
>> access my fone via bluetooth information manager... both the fone and
>> comp are paired up fine... this is really really bugging me now :(
>>
>> TIA
>
> Sometimes, now, that mine is working, I can wait 5 to 10 minutes to see
> the phone using bluetooth. When I activate bluetooth, the system just does
> not see the phone and after a while it will see it. I have no ideea on how
> to "initiate" this manually. Maybe you should wait in phone browser,
> refreshing from time to time.

July 11, 2004 5:51:02 PM

> tried that, still nothing, dunno if the fact i have xp sp2 installed,
> hmmmm

I thought the same at first when it was not working. Installed PC Suite, it
was working, then installed again SP2 and still working. Conclusion: I don't
think it is SP 2, unless you have the firewall on.
July 11, 2004 5:51:03 PM

firewall, good point, ill cut em all off and try again, thanx

ill post result in a tic...

>> tried that, still nothing, dunno if the fact i have xp sp2 installed,
>> hmmmm
>>

> I thought the same at first when it was not working. Installed PC Suite,
> it was working, then installed again SP2 and still working. Conclusion: I
> don't think it is SP 2, unless you have the firewall on.

July 11, 2004 10:57:16 PM

I GIVE UP!!! ALL IS LOST AND IM GOING OFF NOW TO SULK IN THE CORNER WITH MY
DUNCE HAT FIRMLY ON MY HEAD...

> firewall, good point, ill cut em all off and try again, thanx
>
> ill post result in a tic...
>
> JJ
>
> "Romulus Marius Mare" <romulus_DOT_mare_AT_@interscope.ro> wrote in
> message news:2lckcnFah1d3U1@uni-berlin.de...
>>> tried that, still nothing, dunno if the fact i have xp sp2 installed,
>>> hmmmm
>>>

>> I thought the same at first when it was not working. Installed PC Suite,
>> it was working, then installed again SP2 and still working. Conclusion: I
>> don't think it is SP 2, unless you have the firewall on.

July 12, 2004 2:54:49 AM

I DONT THINK MY TOSHIBA BLUETOOTH DRIVERS SEEM TO LIKE NOKIA SUITE 6.2 BEING
THE DRIVERS ARE LIKE 2002 AND BE THE LATEST ONES :'(

!