$8000 Gaming PC

Approximate Purchase Date: Whenever I get the money.

Budget Range: $8000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Recording/rendering/uploading YouTube videos, Heavy multitasking, Watching movies

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Case, Monitors, OS, Graphics Cards, and Hard Drives chosen but not purchased

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com, Tigerdirect.com, maybe Amazon.com

Parts Preferences: I would like to use an ASUS Motherboard, an Intel processor, and some sort of good water cooling system

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: I don't know what those are :P

Monitor Resolution: Best I can get.

Additional Comments: If you don't understand when i say I'm gonna buy everything "When I get the money" I'm saying that because my friend is going to give me 8 grand for parts, but they haven't given it to me yet. I want to know what the best parts are to get besides the ones I've already chosen.
13 answers Last reply
More about 8000 gaming
  1. YEEEEAHHH!!!! FINALLY, someone who can purchase a build like the one i have!!!

This is what you have to do: go to thread linked in my signature and go to the part that says "Personal Build" its a 11k build but i am sure you can save about 4k in peripherals
  2. Alright Thanks!
  3. What RAM did you use on the 11k build? i don't see it listed
  4. also the Sound Card? same reason
  5. $8K for gaming? After $2K, you have diminishing returns. $8K is way too much for gaming. You can get a rig that performs 80% as well for $2K or $2.5K.
  6. obsama1 said:
    $8K for gaming? After $2K, you have diminishing returns. $8K is way too much for gaming. You can get a rig that performs 80% as well for $2K or $2.5K.

i will LOVE to see a 2.5k build that performs 50% as good as mines in metro 2033 @5760 x 1080 with every detail maxed out (including AA)
  7. avenged_guitarist said:
    What RAM did you use on the 11k build? i don't see it listed

Trident X 32GB @ 2400Mhz
  8. avenged_guitarist said:
    also the Sound Card? same reason

Sound card??? for what?? the onboard sound is way more than enough, besides, i dont have more free PCI-e slots :lol:
  9. Well, it depends what resolution he will be playing at. What games will he play? Does the OP plan on multi-monitor? It depends.
  10. yeah for the resolution i just wanted to have the best resolution the monitors could handle
  11. So, 2560x1600?
  12. i guess i mean i dont know much about screen resolutions and stuff so
  13. Even if it is 7680x1600, you will still only need at most Tri-CF/SLI to get great framerates.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems