Choosing a GTX680 model. Which one will be better?

goldomor

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hello everyone! At the begginning I want to write that I''m a foreigner so I can make some language mistakes- so I'm sorry for that. ;)

Ok, the thing is that I decided to buy a new GTX680 card. I'm thinking about two of them:

Option 1: http://www.kurtmedia.pl/product-pol-154666-VGA-MSI-GTX680-TF-OC-2048MB-GDDR5-256b-2DVI-HDMI-DP-PCIe-3-0.html

Option 2: http://www.kurtmedia.pl/product-pol-153170-GAINWARD-GF-GTX680-2048MB-DDR5-256b-D-H-DP-PC-Ph-II.html

I know that the shop is not an intenational one, but I want you just to recognise models of card... I personally prefer MSI construction, but I don't know which one will be the best?

Greetings.
T.G.

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I personally like MSI better than Gainward.

I know you were not asking this but, the 670 is a much better deal. It is within 5-10% of the 680 and here in the states costs 100 bucks less.

goldomor

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I know that, but in my country there are still problems with 670s and I need time for this build :( Hmm, why do you think msi is better?
I prefer it too :)

auntarie

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2012
Well, Gainward's card seems to use a non-reference PCB, whereas MSI's is 100% reference (according to reviews). I'd go with Gainward on this one. They're using their Phantom cooler and a non-reference PCB. MSI are keeping it stock and the one that you posted doesn't even have TF3.

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I think MSI is better because they use premium parts for there cards, for instance the lightning models use military grade components. I have read many reviews by tech sites and from users who have had very good experiences with them. Also they have good customer service. Plus I have never used a gainward card.

auntarie

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2012

I have. It was pretty good. No artifacts, ran everything great. It was way back though, a 9500GT. As for MSI, I know they're great, I usually prefer them too, but in this case they haven't even put their best cooler on there- come on. As for Gainward, their Phantom is really good. The GTX570 Phantom was beastly...

Of course, I can't guarantee that Gainward are still good. I just haven't seen any complaints.

monsta

Splendid
Out of your options I'd grab the MSI, I love the Twin Frozr coolers and they overclock quite well.The Gainward Phantom is a nice card , great cooler too and good factory overclock but it does have a 3 slot cooler....not sure if you want to have a card that big.

goldomor

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Which of them do you think is lighter? I don't want to have heavy card, because there are flexible then- mother gravity is cruel ;)

goldomor

Honorable
May 10, 2012
There were some problem with distribution MSI TF model in my area so I had to order Gainward Phantom II. I hope I will be happy with this one. Someone had some experiences with gainward cards?

I even don't have any worries about free space in my case- I have CM 692 advanced so I think that there will be enought space for 2,5 slot card ;)