Sign in with
Your question

AMD A10-5800k with dedicated graphics?

Last response: in CPUs
November 12, 2012 8:33:26 AM

Hey,

I had a search on the website but I couldn't find any answers, so I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand understanding this..

Basically I have been out of the game for some time and I am utterly confused about these processors. Every article I read about it they always talk about the onboard graphics capabilities but it's never mentioned whether you can run this processor and a seperate dedicated graphics card (such as the HD7870) along side it...

Is this even possible or are you confined solely to the onboard HD7670 (i think it is)?

Sorry if this seems a stupid question but I've literally been spending all morning trying to find this out haha.

Thanks for reading :) 

-A
a b à CPUs
November 12, 2012 8:40:48 AM

Nope you do have the option of running a discrete video card and you do have the option of running it in crossfire (hybrid I think?) with a discrete video card and the integrated video card. Anyways I think you should crossfire an HD 6670 with the integrated GPU and roughly get the performance of a 7770. Anyways getting an APU is pointless if you plan on going discrete since it does cost a lot of money. I would advise getting a Phenom II X4 955/965 and then going discrete from there.
November 12, 2012 8:54:58 AM

I would suggest buying an APU to game at 1280x720 with medium to high settings. There's too many variables as to why you would want an APU and sinse you've not given any reasons I'm limited with a response. At 720p an A10 APU may suit yours gaming needs.
Related resources
a c 146 à CPUs
November 12, 2012 2:20:35 PM

Yes you can run a discrete video card with the APU. If though you are getting a discrete video card it seems pointless getting an APU. The main reason to get the APU is for it's onboard graphics and if you get a discrete video card it's just pointless.
November 12, 2012 5:15:30 PM

Their's an old saying that many would agree with, "You don't SLI / Xfire low end video cards". With an A10 & 6670 that's exactly what you're doing. You're Xfiring two very low end video cards.
!