Pink prints with canon i9100

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 8, 2005 10:47:31 AM

I get pink prints when I'm printing grayscale. I have tried to
deepclean the heads, and I've changed ink, but my prints still come out
whith a pink stain.
Anybody knows how to solve this problem?
August 8, 2005 4:23:08 PM

Try this it seems to work for me, but I use Canon Photo paper Pro or Photo
Paper Plus Glossy, but
Has anyone else found out that the Canon I9900 or other series of their
printers print much better B&W prints when the paper selection is selected
to plain paper, It seems to make the Black ink the only used cartage in this
mode, no mixing colors to make B&W prints.

"Kristian MLP" <mail@kristianmlp.dk> wrote in message
>I get pink prints when I'm printing grayscale. I have tried to
> deepclean the heads, and I've changed ink, but my prints still come out
> whith a pink stain.
> Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

August 9, 2005 1:17:11 AM

Kristian MLP wrote:

> I get pink prints when I'm printing grayscale. I have tried to
> deepclean the heads, and I've changed ink, but my prints still come out
> whith a pink stain.
> Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

First try printing using the canon supplied "easy print" software, this
bypasses the printer driver totally (that's what canon told me) and any
driver settings you may have changed. If it still prints pinkish (mine did,
even after swapping it for another printer although the second one wasn't
as pinkish) you probably need a custom printer profile. I got one from the
below site using ilfords classic pearl paper and an REAL happy with the
results.

http://www.cathysprofiles.com/

You'll probably want to read up on digital color managment, Tim Grey has a
great book titled "color confidence" , a used version is cheap. Easy to
understand and explains about how the human eye works with colors as well.

ww.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0782143164/qid=1123550036/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_sbs_1/103-4867857-4008632?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

and here's a PDF explaining how to work with profiles with a canon printer.

http://homepage.mac.com/renard/ls/Canon_ICC_Profile_Gui...

Hope this helps.

--

Stacey
Related resources

SteveJ wrote:

> Try this it seems to work for me, but I use Canon Photo paper Pro or Photo
> Paper Plus Glossy, but
> Has anyone else found out that the Canon I9900 or other series of their
> printers print much better B&W prints when the paper selection is selected
> to plain paper, It seems to make the Black ink the only used cartage in
> this mode, no mixing colors to make B&W prints.

With plain paper setting this printer only uses 4 of the 8 inks (that's what
canon told me) so color management issues aren't as critical. Color casts
with B&W prints are a sign that the printer profile doesn't match your
specific printer (the sample on your desk). They would like us to believe
they have the quality control so tight this is never an issue when in fact
it is. I went through 2 i9900 printers trying to solve a magenta cast issue
and one was MUCH worse than the other but both print slightly magenta with
the supplied profiles. I think canon shifts their canned profile to slight
magenta to make sure these printers never print "green" skin tones to cover
the production tolerances any manufactured device is going to have. The
only real solution is a custom profile which REALLY increases the
performance of these printers. It's well worth the $40 Cathy charges for
her profile.
--

Stacey
May 1, 2009 8:17:00 PM

Although this is a very late post to this thread, I thought it might help someone coming across this thread after a Google search for color profile problems with the Canon i9100 printer. I used to get magenta prints until I discovered that I was double color managing using Photoshop color management AND the Canon printer driver color management, the latter of which I thought I had turned off. Be sure to turn off all color management in the Canon driver, and where it has an option to use ICC Profiles in the driver, turn that off, too. That cleared up my problem with magenta prints.

Carl
May 8, 2009 3:16:27 AM

Carl_40 said:
Although this is a very late post to this thread, I thought it might help someone coming across this thread after a Google search for color profile problems with the Canon i9100 printer. I used to get magenta prints until I discovered that I was double color managing using Photoshop color management AND the Canon printer driver color management, the latter of which I thought I had turned off. Be sure to turn off all color management in the Canon driver, and where it has an option to use ICC Profiles in the driver, turn that off, too. That cleared up my problem with magenta prints.

Carl

Hi Carl,
Tired of Magenta overcasts, especially with B&W.
I can't quite follow your directions for disabling the Canon i9100 driver colour management. Do you mean to NOT click the Enable ICM Box ?
Inregards to turning off the ICC Profiles, Do you mean in the Canon i9100 Print Review setting the Print Space to: Same as Source?
Still using Canon paper and ink.
I am running with the original Canon i9100 Driver in PSE. Would you suggest downloading a newer driver if it is available?
Thanks, Imager
Anonymous
February 13, 2010 10:16:14 PM

Carl_40 said:
Although this is a very late post to this thread, I thought it might help someone coming across this thread after a Google search for color profile problems with the Canon i9100 printer. I used to get magenta prints until I discovered that I was double color managing using Photoshop color management AND the Canon printer driver color management, the latter of which I thought I had turned off. Be sure to turn off all color management in the Canon driver, and where it has an option to use ICC Profiles in the driver, turn that off, too. That cleared up my problem with magenta prints.

Carl

Carl, if you are still on this board, please explain how and where to turn these off. I can't find them anywhere, and I've tried everything and have read endless posts and books.

You can e-mail me at scribner dot peaches as a gmail address.

Thanks
Anonymous
June 30, 2012 6:05:32 AM

Aw, this was a really nice post. In thought I want to put in writing like this moreover - taking time and actual effort to make an excellent article... but what can I say... I procrastinate alot and under no circumstances appear to get something done.

http://freeconsumerreviews.org/ageless-male-reviews/
cool site
store offers a guarantee for their bedwetting alarms. Bedwetting alarms would serve as a training tool for your child. It would stir up some noise which would awaken the
!