Sign in with
Your question

Some strange problem

Last response: in Systems
July 4, 2012 5:20:08 AM

Hi, i'm having this weird problem.. I'm playing Dayz in windowed mode, while running xplit and my computer screen flickered went black, then things that i had opened ; chrome, xplit, arma 2, slowly started to return and it just stops and freezes like that. When that happens i'm forced to restart my computer. This has happened twice to me so far, and happened before formatting my harddrive and reinstalling windows but only ever when i attempted to launch Dota 2.

SPECS

HDD 500gbx2
GPU Radeon HD 5770
CPU I7 860 2.8ghz
RAM 8gb

not 100% sure on the motherboard or psu and what not.

Thanks for the help!

More about : strange problem

July 4, 2012 9:31:20 AM

Download a program that allow you keep track of your GPU temps. I would monitor that first and foremost to see if that is causing the problem. High temps can cause nasty issues. If the temps are in line, then there may be a chance that the GPU itself is bad. I don't suppose you have a spare GPU or a friend's GPU you can throw in there to test, would you?
m
l
July 4, 2012 9:01:53 PM

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/12/07/04/fzc.png, Not sure if that's regular or irregular. Also i don't happen to have a spare GPU lying around anywhere.

This is while running adobe video encoder streaming to twitch tv and arma 2 (DayZ) windowed mode.
m
l
July 5, 2012 2:07:03 PM

Temps look fine. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers?
m
l
!