First low budget desktop $600

Chilipepper

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: end of july

Budget Range: $600 before monitor

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (gaming, movies, internet)

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: microcenter.com or newegg.ca

Country: Canada but travelling to new york for cpu @ microcenter

Parts Preferences:

Cpu - intel 3570k
mobo - ASRock Z77 Pro4
GPU - ????
Memory - 8GB
OS - win7
Power - 800w (in case i crossfire in future)
Case - with fans or cooling system

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: unknown

Additional Comments: Hopefully gtx 560 ti... But i do not mind playing with low settings. Looking for something that i can upgrade into better cards come Christmas. I play starcraft 2 and web surf more than anything.

Intel 3570k $189.99 - Retail

Solution
You don't need an aftermarket heatsink if your not overclocking, but any heatsink will perform better than stock. Considering you'r getting an overclocking chip and an overclockers board, you might as well. The Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO is a good budget cooler to get, should be around $30.

PSU is a bit overkill, see if you can save a bit and get 750W.

I assume with the large PSU your keeping the option of SLI/Crossfire open? In which case you will want a board that properly supports it. That mobo will run at x4/x4 when it has dual cards, which will probably degrade performance to below a single card.
This board properly supports Crossfire/SLI, run at 8x/8x when duals cards are in...

cbsevenfifty

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
You don't need an aftermarket heatsink if your not overclocking, but any heatsink will perform better than stock. Considering you'r getting an overclocking chip and an overclockers board, you might as well. The Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO is a good budget cooler to get, should be around $30.

PSU is a bit overkill, see if you can save a bit and get 750W.

I assume with the large PSU your keeping the option of SLI/Crossfire open? In which case you will want a board that properly supports it. That mobo will run at x4/x4 when it has dual cards, which will probably degrade performance to below a single card.
This board properly supports Crossfire/SLI, run at 8x/8x when duals cards are in.
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0387554

The 560Ti will do until you can get a better card, Starcraft II isnt that intensive.

For which case to get, get either a Coolermaster HAF or any Corsair case that fits in your budget and you like the look of.

Solution

Chilipepper

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

Thanks for the mobo tip. I have finalized my build into this, is my list compatible??

CPU: 3570k
MOBO: ASRock Extreme4
GPU: 560 ti (at a later date)
Mem: 8 gigs
Case: coolmaster 912

I plan on re-using my monitor, dvd burner, mouse, speakers and keyboard. Am i missing anything? Do i need a firewire or network card?

This is the case i found, would you be able to help me find some compatible memory sticks so that i can get the free shipping over 80?
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/230752/COOLERMASTER/RC_912_KKN1/

TRENDING THREADS