Cingular ...

I'm usually a happy cingular customer for 6 months until NOW. I
received a bill with $46 charge for minnutes over 250 limits. That's
fine, I think. It should be my fault. But when I looked at the detail
of my calls, I found 122 minutes have been called in JUNE instead of
July. In another word, they moved 122 minutes from my June's bill to
July, which immediately broke it. Good Job, Cingular.
6 answers Last reply
More about cingular

    Jun Feng wrote:
    > I'm usually a happy cingular customer for 6 months until NOW. I
    > received a bill with $46 charge for minnutes over 250 limits. That's
    > fine, I think. It should be my fault. But when I looked at the detail
    > of my calls, I found 122 minutes have been called in JUNE instead of
    > July. In another word, they moved 122 minutes from my June's bill to
    > July, which immediately broke it. Good Job, Cingular.

    I take it you're on a plan with no rollover minutes?

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

    In article <1123962745.157170.23730@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    "Jun Feng" <family.feng@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I'm usually a happy cingular customer for 6 months until NOW. I
    > received a bill with $46 charge for minnutes over 250 limits. That's
    > fine, I think. It should be my fault. But when I looked at the detail
    > of my calls, I found 122 minutes have been called in JUNE instead of
    > July. In another word, they moved 122 minutes from my June's bill to
    > July, which immediately broke it. Good Job, Cingular.

    If you'll read your contract carefully, you'll see that minutes used on
    another carrier's system may not bill in the month they were used. It
    may take a billing cycle or two for those minutes to reach Cingular.

    This is undoubtedly what happened in your case. No mystery there.

    This is really strange, since I never got any delayed billing no matter
    where I traveled. But suddenly, there are 122 mins of roaming, most of
    them are even minutes called from my office to my home (just 15 miles
    away!). And suddenly in July, no roaming at all!!

    > > I'm usually a happy cingular customer for 6 months until NOW. I
    > > received a bill with $46 charge for minnutes over 250 limits. That's
    > > fine, I think. It should be my fault. But when I looked at the detail
    > > of my calls, I found 122 minutes have been called in JUNE instead of
    > > July. In another word, they moved 122 minutes from my June's bill to
    > > July, which immediately broke it. Good Job, Cingular.
    >
    > If you'll read your contract carefully, you'll see that minutes used on
    > another carrier's system may not bill in the month they were used. It
    > may take a billing cycle or two for those minutes to reach Cingular.
    >
    > This is undoubtedly what happened in your case. No mystery there.

    I've never seen delayed billing on Cingular, but what the OP wrote about was
    a frequent problem while I was still a Verizon customer. The delayed
    billing was for calls on the Verizon network in my home area. The delayed
    billing was NOT for minutes used on another carrier's system. But then,
    that was Verizon. I haven't seen that happen on Cingular. (yet?) -Dave

    Dave C. wrote:

    >>>I'm usually a happy cingular customer for 6 months until NOW. I
    >>>received a bill with $46 charge for minnutes over 250 limits. That's
    >>>fine, I think. It should be my fault. But when I looked at the detail
    >>>of my calls, I found 122 minutes have been called in JUNE instead of
    >>>July. In another word, they moved 122 minutes from my June's bill to
    >>>July, which immediately broke it. Good Job, Cingular.
    >>>

    >>If you'll read your contract carefully, you'll see that minutes used on
    >>another carrier's system may not bill in the month they were used. It
    >>may take a billing cycle or two for those minutes to reach Cingular.
    >>
    >>This is undoubtedly what happened in your case. No mystery there.
    >>

    >I've never seen delayed billing on Cingular, but what the OP wrote about was
    >a frequent problem while I was still a Verizon customer. The delayed
    >billing was for calls on the Verizon network in my home area. The delayed
    >billing was NOT for minutes used on another carrier's system. But then,
    >that was Verizon. I haven't seen that happen on Cingular. (yet?) -Dave

    It could have been free roaming on another system.

    Rollover is good, though. It generally prevents this from being a problem.

    TH

    If your billing cycle is mid-month, you will be billed for minutes in
    june & july. Example: billing cycle of the 8th.... bill will show
    detail for june 9th - july 8th. Is it possible that you have never
    noticed this until you got overage & paid close attention to the bill?

    My other theory is delayed roaming. It is hard to say without looking
    at the bill. I would advise calling in to customer service or going
    into a store. The will either fix the error, if any, or explain the
    bill. Either way, problem solved.

    --
    sjwilson

Cingular Internet Service Providers