Cingular ...

Last response: in Network Providers
August 13, 2005 4:52:25 PM

I'm usually a happy cingular customer for 6 months until NOW. I
received a bill with $46 charge for minnutes over 250 limits. That's
fine, I think. It should be my fault. But when I looked at the detail
of my calls, I found 122 minutes have been called in JUNE instead of
July. In another word, they moved 122 minutes from my June's bill to
July, which immediately broke it. Good Job, Cingular.

More about : cingular

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 10:01:51 PM

Jun Feng wrote:
> I'm usually a happy cingular customer for 6 months until NOW. I
> received a bill with $46 charge for minnutes over 250 limits. That's
> fine, I think. It should be my fault. But when I looked at the detail
> of my calls, I found 122 minutes have been called in JUNE instead of
> July. In another word, they moved 122 minutes from my June's bill to
> July, which immediately broke it. Good Job, Cingular.

I take it you're on a plan with no rollover minutes?

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
August 13, 2005 11:21:43 PM

In article <1123962745.157170.23730@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Jun Feng" <family.feng@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm usually a happy cingular customer for 6 months until NOW. I
> received a bill with $46 charge for minnutes over 250 limits. That's
> fine, I think. It should be my fault. But when I looked at the detail
> of my calls, I found 122 minutes have been called in JUNE instead of
> July. In another word, they moved 122 minutes from my June's bill to
> July, which immediately broke it. Good Job, Cingular.

If you'll read your contract carefully, you'll see that minutes used on
another carrier's system may not bill in the month they were used. It
may take a billing cycle or two for those minutes to reach Cingular.

This is undoubtedly what happened in your case. No mystery there.
August 14, 2005 1:17:12 AM

This is really strange, since I never got any delayed billing no matter
where I traveled. But suddenly, there are 122 mins of roaming, most of
them are even minutes called from my office to my home (just 15 miles
away!). And suddenly in July, no roaming at all!!
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 4:07:52 AM

> > I'm usually a happy cingular customer for 6 months until NOW. I
> > received a bill with $46 charge for minnutes over 250 limits. That's
> > fine, I think. It should be my fault. But when I looked at the detail
> > of my calls, I found 122 minutes have been called in JUNE instead of
> > July. In another word, they moved 122 minutes from my June's bill to
> > July, which immediately broke it. Good Job, Cingular.
>
> If you'll read your contract carefully, you'll see that minutes used on
> another carrier's system may not bill in the month they were used. It
> may take a billing cycle or two for those minutes to reach Cingular.
>
> This is undoubtedly what happened in your case. No mystery there.

I've never seen delayed billing on Cingular, but what the OP wrote about was
a frequent problem while I was still a Verizon customer. The delayed
billing was for calls on the Verizon network in my home area. The delayed
billing was NOT for minutes used on another carrier's system. But then,
that was Verizon. I haven't seen that happen on Cingular. (yet?) -Dave
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 4:07:53 AM

Dave C. wrote:

>>>I'm usually a happy cingular customer for 6 months until NOW. I
>>>received a bill with $46 charge for minnutes over 250 limits. That's
>>>fine, I think. It should be my fault. But when I looked at the detail
>>>of my calls, I found 122 minutes have been called in JUNE instead of
>>>July. In another word, they moved 122 minutes from my June's bill to
>>>July, which immediately broke it. Good Job, Cingular.
>>>

>>If you'll read your contract carefully, you'll see that minutes used on
>>another carrier's system may not bill in the month they were used. It
>>may take a billing cycle or two for those minutes to reach Cingular.
>>
>>This is undoubtedly what happened in your case. No mystery there.
>>

>I've never seen delayed billing on Cingular, but what the OP wrote about was
>a frequent problem while I was still a Verizon customer. The delayed
>billing was for calls on the Verizon network in my home area. The delayed
>billing was NOT for minutes used on another carrier's system. But then,
>that was Verizon. I haven't seen that happen on Cingular. (yet?) -Dave

It could have been free roaming on another system.

Rollover is good, though. It generally prevents this from being a problem.

TH
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 7:14:34 PM

If your billing cycle is mid-month, you will be billed for minutes in
june & july. Example: billing cycle of the 8th.... bill will show
detail for june 9th - july 8th. Is it possible that you have never
noticed this until you got overage & paid close attention to the bill?

My other theory is delayed roaming. It is hard to say without looking
at the bill. I would advise calling in to customer service or going
into a store. The will either fix the error, if any, or explain the
bill. Either way, problem solved.

--
sjwilson