blicking messages in windows xp

what changes should i make to the registry such that the windows taskbar does
not show messages like "low hard disk space" and "messenger is still running
is still running" are not shown in the future.
Thanks
Pradyut

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 02:43:01 -0800, pradyut wrote:

> what changes should i make to the registry such that the windows taskbar does
> not show messages like "low hard disk space" and "messenger is still running
> is still running" are not shown in the future.
> Thanks
> Pradyut

Curious. Why would you not want those messages?

On partitions that store just data, I disable System Restore monitoring.
That avoids low disk space messages where they're not needed.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Reply Embedded

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 02:43:01 -0800, pradyut wrote:
>
> > what changes should i make to the registry such that the windows taskbar does
> > not show messages like "low hard disk space" and "messenger is still running
> > is still running" are not shown in the future.
> > Thanks
> > Pradyut
>
> Curious. Why would you not want those messages?
>
> On partitions that store just data, I disable System Restore monitoring.
> That avoids low disk space messages where they're not needed.

How to disable System Restore Monitoring on a partition in Win Xp Proff
Thanks
Pradyut

> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

65. Disable Low Disk Space Message

Or use Tweak UI.

Tweak UI
[+] Taskbar and Start menu
? Warn when now on disk space

Warn when now on disk space
[[This controls whether a balloon tip appears when Explorer detects that a
drive is running low on available disk space. Only administrators will
receive this warning. You must log off and back on to this setting to take
effect.]]

Download TweakUI here >>>

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

Tweak UI
TweakUI.exe
===

Tweak UI for Windows XP Guide
http://www.winxpsolution.com/Tweakuixppro.aspx

===

Or...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore
NoLowDiskSpaceChecks
REG_DWORD
0 or 1
0 = Warning
1 = No warning

Description of the Low Disk Space Notification in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285107

-----

Which Messenger???

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:74FBC1C1-F6CF-4287-AA38-7AAA73FFC729@microsoft.com,
pradyut <pradyut@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:11:01 -0800, pradyut wrote:

> How to disable System Restore Monitoring on a partition in Win Xp Proff
> Thanks
> Pradyut

In System properties, on the System Restore page.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Hi,

Right click on My Computer and select properties. Flip to the System Restore tab and select the
partition on which you want to disable system restore and click on settings. Put a check next to
'Turn of system restore on this drive'.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"pradyut" <pradyut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Reply Embedded
>
> "Sharon F" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 02:43:01 -0800, pradyut wrote:
>>
>> > what changes should i make to the registry such that the windows taskbar does
>> > not show messages like "low hard disk space" and "messenger is still running
>> > is still running" are not shown in the future.
>> > Thanks
>> > Pradyut
>>
>> Curious. Why would you not want those messages?
>>
>> On partitions that store just data, I disable System Restore monitoring.
>> That avoids low disk space messages where they're not needed.
>>

> How to disable System Restore Monitoring on a partition in Win Xp Proff
> Thanks
> Pradyut
>
>> --
>> Sharon F
>> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Reply embedded .........

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore
> NoLowDiskSpaceChecks
> REG_DWORD
> 0 or 1
> 0 = Warning
> 1 = No warning

Any specific guide for the various registry parameters that can be applied.

> Which Messenger???
>
> --

MSN Messenger
tHanks
Pradyut
http://pradyut.tk

> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:74FBC1C1-F6CF-4287-AA38-7AAA73FFC729@microsoft.com,
> pradyut <pradyut@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > what changes should i make to the registry such that the windows
> > taskbar does not show messages like "low hard disk space" and
> > "messenger is still running is still running" are not shown in the
> > future.
> > Thanks
> > Pradyut

make a blog for yourself
http://spaces.msn.com/

thanks for ur reply
http://pradyut.tk

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Right click on My Computer and select properties. Flip to the System Restore tab and select the
> partition on which you want to disable system restore and click on settings. Put a check next to
> 'Turn of system restore on this drive'.
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "pradyut" <pradyut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Reply Embedded

> >> Curious. Why would you not want those messages?
> >>
> >> On partitions that store just data, I disable System Restore monitoring.
> >> That avoids low disk space messages where they're not needed.
> >>

> > How to disable System Restore Monitoring on a partition in Win Xp Proff
> > Thanks
> > Pradyut
> >
> >> --
> >> Sharon F
> >> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

0 = Warning and 1 = No warning are the only two settings that I know of for
NoLowDiskSpaceChecks.

Removing MSN Messenger from Windows XP
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=288

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:AEE92575-683D-4DF5-BB92-3698A0674563@microsoft.com,
pradyut <pradyut@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Reply embedded .........
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore
>> NoLowDiskSpaceChecks
>> REG_DWORD
>> 0 or 1
>> 0 = Warning
>> 1 = No warning
>>
> Any specific guide for the various registry parameters that can be
> applied.
>
>> Which Messenger???
>>
>> --
>
> MSN Messenger
> tHanks
> Pradyut
> http://pradyut.tk
>

>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:74FBC1C1-F6CF-4287-AA38-7AAA73FFC729@microsoft.com,
>> pradyut <pradyut@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> what changes should i make to the registry such that the windows
>>> taskbar does not show messages like "low hard disk space" and
>>> "messenger is still running is still running" are not shown in the
>>> future.
>>> Thanks
>>> Pradyut

You are welcome.