Overclocking Help

Well, I grabbed a nice deal: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1781498&SRCCODE=TIGFACEBK&cm_mmc_o=m21CjCd-2HPRRsCjC2zfGpjnoCjCUIiiCiDx9

It is factory clocked with 905 MHZ Core, 4010 MHZ Memory Clock (MSI Afterburner tells me 2052 MHZ), and a 1810 MHZ Shader Clock. It only has 1.000 Voltage on the factory overclock.

I just experienced a crash, and I don't know if it is the drivers (296.10) or I should raise the Voltage.
If it is the drivers, which drivers should I use?

If it is the voltage, what should I raise it to?

EDIT: Should I overclock it to " 1075 Core Voltage, 950MHz Core clock, 1900 MHz Shader, 2100 MHz Memory Clock" which is AdrianPerry's OC?

EDIT 2: The newest MSI Afterburner does not support Shader Overclocks. Should I use an old version?
3 answers Last reply
More about overclocking help
  1. Overclocked to 950MHZ Core, 1900 MHZ Shader, and 2100 MHZ Memory Clock.

I set the voltage to 1.075 and set the fans to run at 60% manually.

Let's hope this works.

My only concern is that on desktop, the temperature ranges from 49-52 Degrees Celcius, running two displays.
  2. No wait. Why would you overclock all of them? You would just need to increase the voltage a little and see if that works. And if you experienced a crash, you cant assume increasing the voltage will fix it. What kind of crash was it?
  3. carlosb said:
    No wait. Why would you overclock all of them? You would just need to increase the voltage a little and see if that works. And if you experienced a crash, you cant assume increasing the voltage will fix it. What kind of crash was it?

Actually, it's working quite well now. I overclocked all of them because 950/2100/1900 with 1.075 is safe, and I didn't want to begin with the wrong voltage.

The crash rendered my entire PC unresponsive, with the battlefield 3 screen frozen. Alt+Tab nor Ctrl+Alt+Delete worked. So, I restarted the computer with the power button.

I'll see if anything happens and reply back.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking Core Drivers Graphics