Solved

Need help for building new PC.

Hey im from India. I need help to choose parts for the new PC.

Pusrpose of this build :- 3D-Design/ Animation/ Rendering ( Maya, Cinema 4D, 3Ds Max, Zbrush etc )
VFX/ Video Editing and Rendering ( Adobe AfterEffects, Combustion, Premiere etc)
Midcore Gaming ( Would like to play games like BF3,Skyrim etc on Medium or High Settings.

Current Parts List :-

Processor-------------------------Intel Core i5-2500K Quad-Core Processor (lga-1155)

MotherBoard---------------------Asus P8H67 motherboard

Graphics Card-------------------Nvidia Geforce GTX 560( Non- Ti ) 1GB OR AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB

Cabinet----------------------------Corsair Carbide 400R OR Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus ( USB 3.0 Version )

Power Supply--------------------Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 550/600 Watts

Memory----------------------------Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600 4GB X 2 OR G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 @ 1333 2GB X 3

Harddisk--------------------------Seagate 500 GB

Other Components like Monitor (22 inch LED) , Keybord/Mouse , UPS, Speaker etc are already choosen and does not change.

Notes :-
You can suggest parts that'll replace the current build with similar price and perfomance.

If suggesting processor, only suggest Intel ones.

if suggesting graphics card, please suggest cards of the same price and perfomance as the current one

the current build including all parts (monitor, ups etc) costs 60000 Indian Rupees ie 1,100.81 USD, so if any new parts are suggested, it should not exceed the total cost.

i've heard about the 3rd Gen Intel processor. Should i look on that...? You can suggest. also please suggest the compatible motherboard for the 3rd gen processors. low cost mobo are always welcome ;-)

in the case of gaming, im not a heavy gamer and i play less games. but when i play, i should be able to play them in a decent and smooth manner. its not necessary for me to play them in max settings and in hd. will gtx 560 fulfill this..?
in case if i choose a proffesional graphics card like AMD FirePro V4900, will i be able to play games at the same settings as above...?

in the case of motherboard, can i overclock with the asus p8h67 m-l-x...? i may or may not overclock, but was just asking. incase i would overclock, which motherbord you will suggest.? ( low cost )

Thats it ! Everything is told. now please answer as soon as possible. i will purchase and assemble the parts within the next two days. so please answer fast. please note that im not buying online.

Thanks.
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need building
  1. Whats your budget, resolution and the games you plan to play?
    EDIT: Nevermind, I overlooked the games XD If you want a decent video card get a 6870 :) costs just a bit more than the GTX560 non-ti. Elite 431 looks good to me. Id also get the 1600 RAM :)
  2. although 560 non ti has a better overclocking potential and leaving 6870 behind, gaming budget sweetspot should be in the 560Ti or the HD7850. I had a 6870 and i quite hated it since it has not much overclocking headroom and even overclocked the card is a little less than what you need for a full 1080p at all games in high quality

maybe gtx660ti will be target for that market in mind
  3. dosdecarnitas said:
    although 560 non ti has a better overclocking potential and leaving 6870 behind, gaming budget sweetspot should be in the 560Ti or the HD7850. I had a 6870 and i quite hated it since it has not much overclocking headroom and even overclocked the card is a little less than what you need for a full 1080p at all games in high quality

maybe gtx660ti will be target for that market in mind

He did say same pricepoint but yeah. 560ti is awesome but the 7850 is better :) so if he doesnt have the money Id say 6870, it performs slightly better than the 560 non ti. :)
  4. ok, what are the benefits and defects of a 6870 over a gtx 560 non ti..? next time pls tell me if the whole built is ok or outdated..? thanks.
  5. ok graphics card part is clear. i'll go with the gtx 560 anyway. now pls tell about the processor and motherboard. should i look at the 3rd generation intel processors..?
    and the current motherboard, asus p8h67 m-l-x, is this capable of overclocking with the core i5 2500k. can i use the turbo mode with this mobo.? pls suggest 3rd gen intels that is almost similar too the core i5 2500k. thank you
  6. OCing isnt my thing. But Id look it up for you but I have school soon. XD
  7. There is only one, and that is the i5-3570k. Worth it if you ask me.
  8. can i use a 2500k with a 3rd gen intel motherbord like h77 or z77..?
  9. No point in doing so. You won't reap its benefits.
  10. can u suggest me a 3rd gen processor ( its ok even if it do not OC) that i can compare with 2500k..?
  11. 3570k.
  12. ok thank you. so im going with 2500k, gtx 560 non ti, h67 mobo.
  13. H67 cannot overclock, so either get a Z68 or an i5-2400.
  14. thanks. is this good combination..?
    Intel Core i5-3550
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 non ti
    ASRock H77 Pro 4-MVP

can it be matched with 2500k. see, its not necessary for me to OC.
  15. Best answer
    At stock, it will match.
  16. thanks
  17. Best answer selected by partypoison1993.
  18. with an H67 or H77 MOBO from what i know you would still have the unlocked multiplier so at stock voltages 4.2ghz is with in your grasp

the only benefit of grabbing a 3rd gen mobo is they have a little better energy eficiency but nothing to make you wanna buy one unless you go for IB
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product