Sign in with
Your question

cell phone knocks wi-fi off internet

Last response: in Networking
July 9, 2011 11:03:56 PM

Hello,
I have an extensive network in my home that includes both wireless and wired connections and access the internet through cable modem. My wife and daughter recently got HTC Inspire smart phones. The phones connect to my network with no problem but when they are connected my entire network eventually loses its connection to the internet.

I thought it was the ISP at first and have switched from DSL to cable. While my wife and daughter were gone on vacation this past week I had absolutely no problems. As soon as they returned and connected to the network I lost connection to the internet.

DSL provided found no problems and cellular provider tech support was useless other than to tell me to do master resets on the phones.

Please help.
July 10, 2011 12:10:33 AM

I would guess something is wrong with your wireless router and the phones are bringing out the problem by incorrectly doing something.
m
l
July 10, 2011 1:47:17 AM

Kewlx25 said:
I would guess something is wrong with your wireless router and the phones are bringing out the problem by incorrectly doing something.

Yeah...I updated the router firmware this evening and now have one phone connected with no problems so far.
m
l
Related resources
!