Sign in with
Your question

What are c states?

Last response: in CPUs
November 12, 2012 5:59:45 PM

--off wikipedia acpi article

C0 is the operating state.
C1 (often known as Halt) is a state where the processor is not executing instructions, but can return to an executing state essentially instantaneously. All ACPI-conformant processors must support this power state. Some processors, such as the Pentium 4, also support an Enhanced C1 state (C1E or Enhanced Halt State) for lower power consumption.[9]
C2 (often known as Stop-Clock) is a state where the processor maintains all software-visible state, but may take longer to wake up. This processor state is optional.

my question is during the c1 and c2 state, what is the frequency of the cpu? is it 0?

More about : states

a b à CPUs
November 12, 2012 8:56:14 PM

damike said:
--off wikipedia acpi article

C0 is the operating state.
C1 (often known as Halt) is a state where the processor is not executing instructions, but can return to an executing state essentially instantaneously. All ACPI-conformant processors must support this power state. Some processors, such as the Pentium 4, also support an Enhanced C1 state (C1E or Enhanced Halt State) for lower power consumption.[9]
C2 (often known as Stop-Clock) is a state where the processor maintains all software-visible state, but may take longer to wake up. This processor state is optional.

my question is during the c1 and c2 state, what is the frequency of the cpu? is it 0?

Hi :) 

I suspect your teacher would prefer YOU to do your own homework....

But the answer is 42 ...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
!