Nokia 6600 Urgent Question

Last response: in Brands
July 11, 2004 5:33:08 AM

Can anyone please help me?
I have bought the Nokia 6600 but I have a problem: I have a prepaid SIM card
(that is I precharge it with credits and use them). I can't find anywere on
the phone where I can view these credits I have left. Anyone can help me
with this? Should I download a special application to do this? Is it already
there but I am not able to find it?
Thanks for your help,
Marwan
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 5:33:09 AM

>I can't find anywere on
>the phone where I can view these credits I have left. Anyone can help me
>with this?

Well, all the pre-paid that I have ever used allowed you to dial something and
see the credits remaining. The credits are NEVER on the phone but in your
providers switch.

#646# works someplaces. #999# works in others. You might need to contact your
provider to get the code that you need to enter.

--
John S.
July 11, 2004 5:33:09 AM

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 01:33:08 +0200, news.cyberia.net.lb wrote:

> Can anyone please help me?
> I have bought the Nokia 6600 but I have a problem: I have a prepaid SIM card

What network ?

> (that is I precharge it with credits and use them). I can't find anywere on
> the phone where I can view these credits I have left. Anyone can help me
> with this? Should I download a special application to do this?

No need.

> Is it
> already there but I am not able to find it?

Each network has a '*#' type short-code for displaying the
remaining credits.

e.g. for Voda it's *#1345# 'SEND', and O2 it's *#10# 'SEND'.

Don't know about the others.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 2:13:39 AM

michael turner wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 01:33:08 +0200, news.cyberia.net.lb wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone please help me?
>>> I have bought the Nokia 6600 but I have a problem: I have a prepaid
>>> SIM card
>>
>> What network ?
>>
>>> (that is I precharge it with credits and use them). I can't find
>>> anywere on the phone where I can view these credits I have left.
>>> Anyone can help me with this? Should I download a special
>>> application to do this?
>>
>> No need.
>>
>>> Is it
>>> already there but I am not able to find it?
>>
>> Each network has a '*#' type short-code for displaying the
>> remaining credits.
>>
>> e.g. for Voda it's *#1345# 'SEND', and O2 it's *#10# 'SEND'.
>>
>> Don't know about the others.

The codes vary a lot; depending on the network. In Malaysia it can be
*#122#, *#126#, or sending "bal" to 2888 << that IS one weird network..
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 6:53:25 PM

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:51:58 +0200, "Maro" <maro@nospam.com> wrote:

>I will have to change my SIM
>for it to work. This will cost my another $50.

$50? Where are you and what's your network?

Just to annoy you...

Here in the Philippines, when one of the providers brings out a new SIM, (higher
memory, more features) they offer a _free_ SIM swap, even if your current SIM
isn't the same network.
Or for a modest ($3) fee you can keep your old number, providing it's the same
network.

To but a SIM (prepaid) outright costs around $5, and it includes $2 credit.

(all prices roughly converted to US$)

Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 11:44:58 PM

I live in Lebanon... We have a system of prepaid cards... It will cost my
$52 to get a new line precharged with around 90 minutes...
Yeah I know, it is very expensive... But we have no other choice... And by
the way, users are having a strike tomorrow by turning off all mobile phones
in Lebanon during the whole day to protest high prices.
Maro

!