the phone where I can view these credits I have left. Anyone can help me
with this? Should I download a special application to do this? Is it already
there but I am not able to find it?
Thanks for your help,
Marwan
5 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6600 urgent question

    >I can't find anywere on
    >the phone where I can view these credits I have left. Anyone can help me
    >with this?

    Well, all the pre-paid that I have ever used allowed you to dial something and
    see the credits remaining. The credits are NEVER on the phone but in your
    providers switch.

    #646# works someplaces. #999# works in others. You might need to contact your
    provider to get the code that you need to enter.

    --
    John S.

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 01:33:08 +0200, news.cyberia.net.lb wrote:

    > Can anyone please help me?
    > I have bought the Nokia 6600 but I have a problem: I have a prepaid SIM card

    What network ?

    > (that is I precharge it with credits and use them). I can't find anywere on
    > the phone where I can view these credits I have left. Anyone can help me
    > with this? Should I download a special application to do this?

    No need.

    > Is it
    > already there but I am not able to find it?

    Each network has a '*#' type short-code for displaying the
    remaining credits.

    e.g. for Voda it's *#1345# 'SEND', and O2 it's *#10# 'SEND'.

    Don't know about the others.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    michael turner wrote:
    >> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 01:33:08 +0200, news.cyberia.net.lb wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can anyone please help me?
    >>> I have bought the Nokia 6600 but I have a problem: I have a prepaid
    >>> SIM card
    >>
    >> What network ?
    >>
    >>> (that is I precharge it with credits and use them). I can't find
    >>> anywere on the phone where I can view these credits I have left.
    >>> Anyone can help me with this? Should I download a special
    >>> application to do this?
    >>
    >> No need.
    >>
    >>> Is it
    >>> already there but I am not able to find it?
    >>
    >> Each network has a '*#' type short-code for displaying the
    >> remaining credits.
    >>
    >> e.g. for Voda it's *#1345# 'SEND', and O2 it's *#10# 'SEND'.
    >>
    >> Don't know about the others.

    The codes vary a lot; depending on the network. In Malaysia it can be
    *#122#, *#126#, or sending "bal" to 2888 << that IS one weird network..

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:51:58 +0200, "Maro" <maro@nospam.com> wrote:

    >I will have to change my SIM
    >for it to work. This will cost my another $50.

    $50? Where are you and what's your network?

    Just to annoy you...

    Here in the Philippines, when one of the providers brings out a new SIM, (higher
    memory, more features) they offer a _free_ SIM swap, even if your current SIM
    isn't the same network.
    Or for a modest ($3) fee you can keep your old number, providing it's the same
    network.

    To but a SIM (prepaid) outright costs around $5, and it includes $2 credit.

    (all prices roughly converted to US$)

    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net

    I live in Lebanon... We have a system of prepaid cards... It will cost my
    $52 to get a new line precharged with around 90 minutes...
    Yeah I know, it is very expensive... But we have no other choice... And by
    the way, users are having a strike tomorrow by turning off all mobile phones
    in Lebanon during the whole day to protest high prices.
    Maro

    "Christopher Pollard" <rubbish@cginternet.net> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:51:58 +0200, "Maro" <maro@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I will have to change my SIM
    > >for it to work. This will cost my another $50.
    >
    > $50? Where are you and what's your network?
    >

    > Just to annoy you...
    >
    > Here in the Philippines, when one of the providers brings out a new SIM,
    (higher
    > memory, more features) they offer a _free_ SIM swap, even if your current
    SIM
    > isn't the same network.
    > Or for a modest ($3) fee you can keep your old number, providing it's the
    same
    > network.
    >
    > To but a SIM (prepaid) outright costs around $5, and it includes $2
    credit.

    > (all prices roughly converted to US$)
    >

    > Chris Pollard
    >
    > --
    > CG Internet café, Tagum City, Philippines
    > http://www.cginternet.net

Nokia Download Phones Product