Can I install another GPU (to make dual GPU's) in this laptop?

james0scott

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Hello,
I am a student with a pretty tight budget so i decided to buy a Samsung 3 series NP305VA.

The only problem is it comes with an integrated graphics card...

the specs are:

AMD A8-3530MX quad core processor
8Gb DDR3 RAM
750Gb hard drive
15.6 inch LED display (1366 x 768)
DVD-R Drive
AMD Radeon
HD6620G (APU) shared graphics
802.11 bg/n WiFi, Bluetooth V3.0
Webcam
VGA, HDMI
3 x USB 2.0
4-in-1 card slot (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC)
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
H 367, W 240, D 30 mm

Ive seen videos of people using dual graphics cards with this processor and they run games at the speed im happy with.

as you can tell im not a genius with computers but will this laptop have an option to run dual graphics? will i be able to install another GPU?

any help is much appreciated, thanks.

ScootD

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012

The simple answer...no. The way components are setup in a laptop is completely different from a laptop. most laptops dont have the option to replace the gpu they come with anyway. laptops do not have anyway to connect a gpu, the gpu's that you are able to buy online only fit on a desktop motherboard. so if you want dual gpu then you need to get a brand new desktop. by the way, your laptop has integrated graphics, so the gpu is built directly into the cpu. the only company i have seen with dual gpu laptops is alienware, and they dont use standard gpu's either.

james0scott

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012

oh alright, its just because i have seen a few videos of people using laptops with the same processor and integrated graphics with but with an extra gpu, usually HD 7690m and HD 6620g.

thanks for the reply.

james0scott

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012

yeah i've heard some alright reviews.

but i was really looking for a cheap laptop as im usually going to and from college on the train and have plenty of time to get into some games like operation flashpoint and Arma 2, So i was just pondering the possibility of getting dual graphics cards to bulk up the laptops power.

thanks for the reply.