So, I bought a new computer, a HP h8-1234, not very proud of it. (but thats another thread).
I want to reformat the hard drive to get rid of the crap that is on the drive. So I went to install Windows7, once it loads it tells me to load the driver for the HD. The screen does not show the hard drive and I can not prOceed any father.
easiest way to do this is to extract the actual driver ini/inf onto a USB flash drive.
1) download the driver as .exe from hp's website
2) use 7zip or winrar and extract the files
3) copy them to a USB flash drive
4) insert USB flash drive into computer and have windows 7 dvd in dvd drive
5) turn on computer and run windows setup,
6) when asked to select a hard drive to install there should be a button that says "load drivers" click it
7) navigate to your USB flash drive and select the driver ini/inf files
8) the windows 7 setup should now recognize your hard drive