Graphics card randomly stopped working!

jeremy11108

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I was watching an episode of breaking bad on my ps3 via ps3 media server on the computer with the grahics card in question.The monitors were turned off (dual monitor setup) to control the room lighting a little better.
Suddenly the episode froze, when i went over to pc to check status of media server the monitors displayed no connection.

my setup:

i52500k- 4.2ghz
8gb patriot sector 5 1333mhz
asus p8p67-le
HD radeon 4760
750w ocz psu
coolermaster 912
128gb ocz vertex3
500gb caviar blue

I have tried different monitors and dvi ports. because of the p67 chip-set i don't believe i have inboard graphics support. Pls help!!

may be good to note that breaking bad was an MKV therefore there must have been some transcoding going on (gpu stress) but im guessing minimal..

jeremy11108

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Ok so i kept rebooting and it managed to work for a little bit last night, however when i tried today to graphi card can be herd spinning twice breifly and then just dies. No power to monitors.

@randomkid
I use my comp for more then a media server but at the time thats what i was doing. I also play games.and do some programming work for school.

Thanks.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Do the lights on the motherboard show up?

Perhaps try booting without the graphics card?

If it still does not boot, try with a spare PSU as the load on that PSU must of been quite high with duel screens and using as a media server; it's also not a brand i recognise so it may have died.

randomkid

Distinguished

What about if you play the movies in the PC itself instead of via the PS3?

jeremy11108

Honorable
May 10, 2012
@ randomkid

Then i wouldn't be able to enjoy my Panasonic Viera GT50!
and the PS3 displays a much better looking picture then my above mentioned graphics caard(HD radeon 4760), if i were to plug in the DVI to my tv (via hdmi adapter)

as an update i saw somewhere that clearing the CMOS would work so i took out the mobo battery and did that.
SUCCESS! booted up first try. Not sure what caused the problem in the first place but seeing as the 4gb 670's are around the corner i wont have to put up with this much longer~!!

thanks for all the help

randomkid

Distinguished

Well done! Congratulations & enjoy.