The teleportation patch.

Was monster teleportation implemented while I was asleep? Whether I'm
playing my Druid (roots) or Mage (Nova + Blink) I now have a near 50% chance
of the mob teleporting to me. I've encountered one mob with my mage that,
after a nova and blink, teleported to me then back to his original
postition. What is going on?

So the previous patches have included the "Make Priests Melee Fodder Patch",
"The Random Disconnection Patch", and "The Teleportation Patch". I can't
wait for the next installment. :)

cheers,
Stu.

"3phAse" <3phAse@elektrickery.com> wrote in message
> Was monster teleportation implemented while I was asleep? Whether I'm
> playing my Druid (roots) or Mage (Nova + Blink) I now have a near 50%
chance
> of the mob teleporting to me. I've encountered one mob with my mage that,
> after a nova and blink, teleported to me then back to his original
> postition. What is going on?
>
> So the previous patches have included the "Make Priests Melee Fodder
Patch",
> "The Random Disconnection Patch", and "The Teleportation Patch". I can't
> wait for the next installment. :)
>
> cheers,
> Stu.

I've noticed this too, both mobs and players are now more likely to warp
after they've been snared. One of the more interesting bugs is if they die
while being snared, they will pop next to you, then their corpse will zoom
back to the spot where they really died.

Kevin C. wrote:

> "3phAse" <3phAse@elektrickery.com> wrote in message
>
>>Was monster teleportation implemented while I was asleep? Whether I'm
>>playing my Druid (roots) or Mage (Nova + Blink) I now have a near 50%
>
> chance
>
>>of the mob teleporting to me. I've encountered one mob with my mage that,
>>after a nova and blink, teleported to me then back to his original
>>postition. What is going on?
>>
>>So the previous patches have included the "Make Priests Melee Fodder
>
> Patch",
>
>>"The Random Disconnection Patch", and "The Teleportation Patch". I can't
>>wait for the next installment. :)
>>
>>cheers,
>>Stu.
>>

> I've noticed this too, both mobs and players are now more likely to warp
> after they've been snared. One of the more interesting bugs is if they die
> while being snared, they will pop next to you, then their corpse will zoom
> back to the spot where they really died.

The price to pay for security... I'd say it's lag and server-side
coordinate validation.

Bart

"3phAse" <3phAse@elektrickery.com> schreef in bericht
> Was monster teleportation implemented while I was asleep? Whether I'm
> playing my Druid (roots) or Mage (Nova + Blink) I now have a near 50%
> chance of the mob teleporting to me. I've encountered one mob with my mage
> that, after a nova and blink, teleported to me then back to his original
> postition. What is going on?
>
> So the previous patches have included the "Make Priests Melee Fodder
> Patch", "The Random Disconnection Patch", and "The Teleportation Patch". I
> can't wait for the next installment. :)
>
> cheers,
> Stu.

The teleportation is only optical though, the only problem is that you don't
know when the mob is in striking range and your partymembers going crazy of
course, 'where did he go, where did he go?'