Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to lower voltage in msi z77 ma g45 with i5 3570 k

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 13, 2012 3:31:20 AM

I am so pissed off and clueless about how to lower the voltage on this stupid motherboard. The only options that i get are to increase the voltage by using voltage offset +0.02.+03.+04.

My setup
msi z77 ma g45
i5 3570k oc'd to 4.2 ghz on hyper 212
msi 660 ti power edition
8 gb ddr 3 vengeance
cooler master extreme power 600 watt.

The gaming temps are close to 65 c while playing bf 3 and it idles at around 48 c at 4.2 ghz. On prime at 100 % load the temps are getting as high as 78 c. The vcore is at 1.26 which I would like to drop to 1.2 so I get bearable temperature.But this godforsaken motherboard doesn't have any option to reduce it.

PS How to close threads. I have an already open thread that I would like to close and make sure that I am not hogging too much space here.
a c 146 à CPUs
November 13, 2012 3:46:47 AM

vintech82 said:
I am so pissed off and clueless about how to lower the voltage on this stupid motherboard. The only options that i get are to increase the voltage by using voltage offset +0.02.+03.+04.

My setup
msi z77 ma g45
i5 3570k oc'd to 4.2 ghz on hyper 212
msi 660 ti power edition
8 gb ddr 3 vengeance
cooler master extreme power 600 watt.

The gaming temps are close to 65 c while playing bf 3 and it idles at around 48 c at 4.2 ghz. On prime at 100 % load the temps are getting as high as 78 c. The vcore is at 1.26 which I would like to drop to 1.2 so I get bearable temperature.But this godforsaken motherboard doesn't have any option to reduce it.

PS How to close threads. I have an already open thread that I would like to close and make sure that I am not hogging too much space here.


You have to go into the BIOS and adjust the voltages but you have to be careful, if you go to low the computer will be unstable and crash. If your temps are high I would dust eveything out, check to make sure the heatsink is seated right and try re-applying thermal paste before you mess with the voltages.
m
0
l
November 14, 2012 1:50:03 AM

rds1220 said:
You have to go into the BIOS and adjust the voltages but you have to be careful, if you go to low the computer will be unstable and crash. If your temps are high I would dust eveything out, check to make sure the heatsink is seated right and try re-applying thermal paste before you mess with the voltages.



AS I said before there is no option to decrease voltage. It only has option to increase voltage by .01,.02 etc
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 146 à CPUs
November 14, 2012 2:22:43 AM

I this a home built computer or OEM like Dell, HP, Lenovo?
m
0
l
November 14, 2012 2:30:48 AM

rds1220 said:
I this a home built computer or OEM like Dell, HP, Lenovo?


No custom built. Just the bios doesnot let me decrease voltage. I tried intel tuning software but that doesnot have anyway of reducing voltage
BTW is it fine to have 60-70 temperature while gaming or will it hurt my processor. The temperature while gaming never go above 68 c while gaming. Tried on BF 3 64 player servers for hours and the performance is just awesome and the temperature are high but under 70 all the time.
m
0
l
a c 146 à CPUs
November 14, 2012 2:37:56 AM

Do you have the latest BIOS version? As for the temperatures what CPU are you using?
m
0
l
!