Sign in with
Your question

Best motherboard for gtx 680 sli or 690 sli Q A about gtx 700s too

Last response: in Systems
July 4, 2012 6:27:06 PM

Hello,
I know people ask this a lot but each person has their own special specs they are looking for. Here are mine.
First off I'm torn between z77 or x78. Getting i7 since I'll be doing heavy gaming and multi thread programs.
I want a board that will run both cards at x16. Not x16/x8.
Of course 3.0x16 slots. Price is not an issue. I'll be overclocking both cards and CPU on liquid. Any help is apeciated! Thanks!

PS. Graphic cards are the last thing I'll buy for my fresh new build and might not get to them til the start of the new year, so should I just hold out for gtx 780/790?
July 4, 2012 6:30:20 PM

I recommend Z77. True PCIE 3.0, cheaper, just as powerful. Get an i7-3770K with that, and it will perform flawlessly in all games/multi-threaded programs. With Ivy Bridge, there isn't big difference between liquid cooling and air cooling, unless you want to overclock very high. A high-end air cooler will do the job(Noctua D14).
m
l
July 4, 2012 8:19:12 PM

that is really hard to say i know that i am going to get X79... i am going with ASUS Sabertooth X79 but you can go with ASUS Rampage IV Extreme you can get water block for both motherbords i am getting koolance...for the cpu go with Intel Core i7 3930K
m
l
!