Installing two Intel Core i7-3970X Processor Extreme Edition

Nerazurro

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to install two Intel Core i7-3970X Processor Extreme Edition in one desktop PC? I'm a complete noob regarding building a PC.
I would also like to know which motherboards should I consider buying?
And the third question is, if I install those two CPUs is it possible to install also two graphic cards for more power? I'm sure if ithis is a necessity.
I'm thinking to put in 16GB, 32GB or 64GB of memory.

I need a computer that is powerfull for hardcore graphic work, 3D design and it needs to run multiple software at the same time (usually this means the Adobe software pack and other 3D software). Finally, I also play games from time to time. But, I do not want to buy a really expensive workstation.

Thank you for your comments.

Best regards.

darth pravus

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
I don't think there are any boards that aren't server boards with two cpu sockets. That is usually reserved for server boards.

You can use two graphics cards and 64gb of ram with this setup however all these things will not make it a cheap workstation by any means.

Nerazurro

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Ok. Can you suggest a motherboard that would support one CPU (Intel Core i7-3970X Extreme), two graphic cards and up to 64 gb of memory?