Sign in with
Your question

$800-$950 Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
July 4, 2012 7:49:31 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next 2 weeks.
Budget Range: $800-$950
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, video recording, streaming, movies, school work (potentially. have a laptop so he probably won't do much of that on this system)
Parts Not Required: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, OS
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg
Parts Preferences: Intel Chipset/Nvidia graphics
Overclocking: More than likely
SLI or Crossfire: Not in the immediate future
Additional Comments: This isn't a build for myself, but for a friend. I've been too busy to scope out parts for myself so I was hoping for some assistance!

More about : 800 950 gaming

a b 4 Gaming
July 4, 2012 7:52:47 PM

Check out my $850 build here:
http://www.squidoo.com/electronicandmore
For what you've stated in the budget. It's best to go with an AMD card because Nvidia hasn't put out their lower-mid range cards of the $200-$300. The 7850 is definitely a great choice though. Recent AMD drivers are solid and overclocking the 7850 is easy and you'll be easily getting it to 1GHZ giving you the performance of a GTX 580.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 4, 2012 8:58:25 PM
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
July 4, 2012 8:59:31 PM

A lot of people don't believe me when I use your advice to sway people to get this card. Would you mind sourcing it?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 4, 2012 9:14:25 PM

Now people won't call me crazy as I have proof now. Thanks man.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 4, 2012 10:00:04 PM

GTX 570 is the faster card, hands-down. The 7850 uses less power,has more VRAM capacity, and may reach a higher overclock frequency.The GTX570 has it cons higher power usage, lower VRAM capacity,bottom line... IDK why so many people have said they are identical performance wise The 7870 is more or less identical to the GTX 570 in terms of performance but not the 7850. Not stock vs stock or max OC vs max OC.at least not according to these benchmarks http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7850_HD_7870/... You see different benchmarks will say different things test benches differ from system to another system.

And always performance gets improved with newer driver. P.S.On a side note OP i just wanted to clear things up for you so you don't get misguided into thinking one card is better than the other both cards are very good and i wouldn't say you be making a bad choice going with either card you requested Nvidia graphics so that's what i gave you ;) 
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 5, 2012 6:12:09 AM

The GTX 570 can overclock, decently. To the performance of the GTX 580 which is pretty solid. But if the 7850 costs less, can overclock to near the same performance as the GTX 570's max and run at lower temps and lower power consumption. It'd definitely be the better route IMO. From the overclocked benchmarks we see that in real world FPS, the FPS differential between a max OC'd 7850 and a GTX 570 (considering it gets to the GTX 580 at max) is so small, that IMO the 7850 would be a better buy with the money saved and benefits else where... Sorry if that made no sense .
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 5, 2012 6:14:49 AM

It made sense to me. Thanks for the info.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 5, 2012 6:59:22 AM

In this case it doesn't cost less though have a look http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... if the GTX 570 was $300 or more i never recommend it over the R7850 but because the OP requested Nvidia graphics card they must have a reason or their friend must not want a ATI card for whatever reason otherwise they wouldn't of went out their way to request Nvidia for it and at the same price $249.99 that basically the same price most R7850 cost i don't see why not to go that route it makes the OP asking for help happy that's all that matters

m
l
July 5, 2012 8:00:22 AM

It makes much more sense, what you're saying to me bigcyco1 & i agree with you fully OP requested NVIDIA they have also mentioned it's for a friend who must of told them those were things he wants "NVIDIA ," for & the price of that l gtx-570 "it's a steal" usually think those run $339.99 i would jump on it myself if my hubby wouldn't kill me hehe.I doubt, that gtx-570 will stay that cheap a price for long the cooling is fantastic and O.C . is even more impressive those model gtx-570 are really sweet!Any who... would also go with big build i was going to do my own for you but i do not think i can do much better then either of these guy builds without downgrading things, which would defeat the purpose.The other member build is also very nice but i think if i had to pick between the two i go with bigcyco1 P.S.I will assume the other member commenting is actually the same person with two accounts either way doesn't matter hehehe.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 6, 2012 12:45:53 AM

Who are you talking about that has the same account... Azeem and I are 2 different users and I have been here pretty long. Why would I make a new account only to have to get the Silver badge again?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 6, 2012 1:40:21 AM

regina_49 said:
It makes much more sense, what you're saying to me bigcyco1 & i agree with you fully OP requested NVIDIA they have also mentioned it's for a friend who must of told them those were things he wants "NVIDIA ," for & the price of that l gtx-570 "it's a steal" usually think those run $339.99 i would jump on it myself if my hubby wouldn't kill me hehe.I doubt, that gtx-570 will stay that cheap a price for long the cooling is fantastic and O.C . is even more impressive those model gtx-570 are really sweet!Any who... would also go with big build i was going to do my own for you but i do not think i can do much better then either of these guy builds without downgrading things, which would defeat the purpose.The other member build is also very nice but i think if i had to pick between the two i go with bigcyco1 P.S.I will assume the other member commenting is actually the same person with two accounts either way doesn't matter hehehe.
Thank you appreciate the support but i don't think that their the same person and i think it does matter and that was kind of jumping the gun on your part what proof do you have of this if any i think it's two different members or people they might be friends or something or look out for each other on the forum but not the same person what for doesn't make any sense to me unless he was unstable mentally ill which he doesn't show any signs of that IMO not that i am some expert on such matters but it's pretty easy to tell neither are nuts or mentally ill so i am not sure where your going with this please.... explain and the only reason someone would do something like that IMO is because their not all right upstairs if you know what i mean. sorry if i am coming down on you but honestly those are things better left not said without solid proof. I apologize if you feel i am attacking you it's not meant that way.
m
l
August 14, 2012 8:51:12 AM

Sorry i was just kidding wasn't nice i sincerely apologize
m
l
!