Closed Solved

Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer Inquiries about cooling

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread. It's related to my CPU anyway

I replaced my i7 870's stock cooler with a Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer

I don't intend to overclock until all my questions are answered.

I had some complications with it. I couldn't use the Y - Cable and plug both fan cables through the Y - Cable into my motherboard but since it's a branded Lenovo motherboard my technician said it would overload the motherboard since it wasn't meant for big fans requiring power. It's a working computer not a gaming computer. But I've turned it into a beast anyways.

*BOTH FANS ARE PWM*
BOTH ARE 1200 - 2000 RPM rated

So instead I got some adapters and BOTH FANS are plugged individually straight to my 800W power supply.

My question is, these used to be PWM fans but I plugged them directly into the power supply: How fast are they spinning? I can't tell because it's not connected to my motherboard. My dad says they are running at maximum. I just want to make sure, because when I overclock it can't spin faster if my processor needs it. If its PWM isn't gonna work then I at least need to know if it's running at maximum power and speed so my processor won't overheat. I don't care about it's noise, it's damn quiet.

Thanks in advance
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about thermaltake water performer inquiries cooling
  1. they are at max since there is nothing telling them to slow down.
  2. Best answer
    You could always put them through a fancontroller then you would know the speeds, but Rolli is right, any fan plugged into the Psu is going to be at max speed until you either throw a resistor or fancontroller in the line
    Moto
  3. Best answer selected by alpha1172.
  4. Thank you for B.a. man, hope you got sorted ok?
    Moto
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Motherboards Thermaltake