Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer Inquiries about cooling

Last response: in CPUs
November 13, 2012 11:58:11 AM

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread. It's related to my CPU anyway

I replaced my i7 870's stock cooler with a Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer

I don't intend to overclock until all my questions are answered.

I had some complications with it. I couldn't use the Y - Cable and plug both fan cables through the Y - Cable into my motherboard but since it's a branded Lenovo motherboard my technician said it would overload the motherboard since it wasn't meant for big fans requiring power. It's a working computer not a gaming computer. But I've turned it into a beast anyways.

*BOTH FANS ARE PWM*
BOTH ARE 1200 - 2000 RPM rated

So instead I got some adapters and BOTH FANS are plugged individually straight to my 800W power supply.

My question is, these used to be PWM fans but I plugged them directly into the power supply: How fast are they spinning? I can't tell because it's not connected to my motherboard. My dad says they are running at maximum. I just want to make sure, because when I overclock it can't spin faster if my processor needs it. If its PWM isn't gonna work then I at least need to know if it's running at maximum power and speed so my processor won't overheat. I don't care about it's noise, it's damn quiet.

Thanks in advance
a c 900 à CPUs
a c 1163 V Motherboard
November 13, 2012 12:26:01 PM

they are at max since there is nothing telling them to slow down.
Score

Best solution

a c 103 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 13, 2012 2:18:18 PM

You could always put them through a fancontroller then you would know the speeds, but Rolli is right, any fan plugged into the Psu is going to be at max speed until you either throw a resistor or fancontroller in the line
Moto
Related resources
November 20, 2012 9:30:06 AM

Best answer selected by alpha1172.
Score
a c 103 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2012 2:35:25 PM

Thank you for B.a. man, hope you got sorted ok?
Moto
Score
!