1/2 inch white line acer flat monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

macwayno

Honorable
May 11, 2012
How do you get rid of the white line that runs about four inches from the right of the screen from top to bottom ?

Solution
hard to tell
try plugging your laptop to external monitor and see if you get the same line
if not then you got to replace the screen
Your monitor has a white line showing ? Either somethings wrong with the monitor or the video card. You can try shutting down and unpluging the computer , then removing the video card , then replace it and boot up to see if that made any difference. You can also unplug the monitor and diconnect the cable to the card and see if that helps. Then you can delete the drivers for the card and then reinstall them. You can also try loading windows in safe mode to see if the line is still there. You can see if the on screen adjustments for the monitor will make it go away.
At some point you will have to test the monitor on another computer to determine if it's the monitor or the video card.

macwayno

Honorable
May 11, 2012

Thank You for your answer. Ant idea on what it would cost to replace a screen ?

macwayno

Honorable
May 11, 2012

Thanks for the info, I plan to give your suggestions a try when I finish mowing the lawn. I have a question regarding memory ( not mine, that's long gone ). I recently upgraded the memory card in my desk top ( e-machine ) to a one gig card because I was getting messages that internet explorer was taking up most of the available space. Can I reinstall the original card below the new one and increase it more ? I still get the memory message occasionally. Also, one more, When I did a complete system recovery all the data was transferred to my D drive. That took up 64% of the space on it. Should I clear that drive now since I dont need it. Will that free up more memory ?

Status
Not open for further replies.