Sign in with
Your question

What should i get the I5 2500K or the I5 3570K??

Last response: in CPUs
November 13, 2012 1:37:53 PM

Hi there i am making a pc in about 1/2 months and i was looking at my specs on the pc i will get but then i thought about something,

specs are
CPU = Intel I5-2500k
GPU = Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card
RAM = G.skill 2133 x2 4gb ram (8GB)
power Supply = powercool 750W modular psu
case =Antec eleven hundread
CPU cooler = corsair H60 water cooler
MOBO = Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
HDD = x2 1TB western digital hard drives

i was wondering if i send back the MOBO and get this one = Asus P8Z77-V LX
its a z77 chipset and if i got that one i could then get the I5-3570k instead, i want this pc to be great at gaming get over 50 FPS on BF3 or boarderlands 2 on max setting's
while recording gameplay with fraps but i heard that the 3570k is faster a rendering video's than the 2500k , but also i find people saying that the 2500k is better for Ocing and gaming.
also this is going to be my first PC build
also the cooler is the Noctua NH-D14 better for this sort of build for cooling than the H60?
any advice on this would be a great help :D  .

thanks.

More about : 2500k 3570k

a b à CPUs
November 13, 2012 2:07:53 PM

2500k better only in OC'ing not in entire performance, 3570k has more efficiency + good overclockable, when using a good cooling.
2500k is still good for Gaming but I recomment 3570k for more better result.
a c 190 à CPUs
November 13, 2012 2:15:21 PM

When you compare the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K and the Intel Core i5-3570K on performance when overclocking think of them as a wash, they even out. The Intel Core i5-3570K is about 6% faster at the same clock speed as the Intel Core i5-2500K but it gets hotter when you are overclocking. So you are most likely not going to be able overclock as high.

Most likely you will be able to overclock the Intel Core i5-2500K to around 4.5GHz or 4.6GHz and you would only be able to reach around 4.3GHz with the Intel Core i5-3570K but due to that 6% improvement in performance it would run about the same as the Intel Core i5-2500K does at 4.6GHz.

So by moving to the Z77 chipset and the Intel Core i5-3570K you will also pick up PCI-E 3.0 that you wouldn’t be able to reach with the Intel Core i5-2500K. While not much right now will even touch that it is still nice to have waiting for something to use it.

The Corsair H60 is a nice quiet cooler but it isn't the equal of the Noctua NH-D14. You would have to be up to around the Corsair H100 to reach the performance of the NH-D14.

While there is some improvement from DDR 3 2133 it really isnt work the extra cost just go with DDR 3 1600.

I don't know Powercool PSU (Power Supply Unit) but I would advise that you look PSU from a manufacturer with a reputation for quality. Corsair, Antec, SeaSonic, XFX, and PC Power and Cooling are solid PSUs.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 13, 2012 2:16:55 PM

November 13, 2012 2:19:54 PM

+1 to xtreme5.

There is also little point in getting a CPU that's a generation behind and the cost difference is like $10.

Z68 boards are also, weird enough, more expensive than the much more feature-updated Z77 chipset.

A 2500k OC'd to 4.7GHz is about the same as a 3570K @ 4.4-4.5GHz.

The NH-D14 would outperform the H60. Closed loop water coolers aren't that great and are rarely recommended.
a c 345 à CPUs
November 13, 2012 2:29:54 PM

Some thoughts for you:

1) A 2500K is fine, and should cost less. A 3570K is about 10% more efficient per clock, so if the price differential is not great, get the 3570K.

2) Sandy and ivy bridge do not benefit from ram faster than 1600.
Read this: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4503/sandy-bridge-memory-...

3) Is powercolor a quality psu?? I don't know.
Don't take a chance with a poor quality psu. Pick a tier 1 or 2 unit from this list:
http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx
A GTX670 only needs a 500w psu. A 620w psu will run a card as good as a GTX690.
Modular is nice in a small case, but in yours, it is not necessary. Don't pay a big premium for modular.

4) The Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 will support 3570K with the current bios level.
As long as it is fresh stock, you should be OK. But, the newer Z77 based motherboards usually cost no more and have some other advantages which you may not use.

5) If you are on a budget, a cm hyper212 @$30 will do the job, at least for a conservative overclock.
Otherwise, a noctua NH-D14 or Phanteks is about as good as it gets, and will cool just as well in your case as a all-in-one liquid cooler.
Air cooling will also be more reliable and quieter.

6) Take the time now to download and read, cover to cover, the manuals for the case and motherboard. You will learn much.

6) I suggest you buy a 120gb or larger SSD for the os and some games. Use a single 1tb drive for large video files.
a b à CPUs
November 13, 2012 2:41:05 PM

Lose the powercool there is a reason its 750W model is cheaper than a decent brands 450W and it's not because the people that make it are nice and want to give you a warm fuzzy feeling.

If you are on a budget http://www.cclonline.com/product/60912/OCZ-ZS650W-UK/Po... that is more than enough power for your build, well reviewed and reasonably priced.
a b à CPUs
November 13, 2012 2:56:44 PM

My advice would be to get the 3570K. Sure you can't easily achieve 5GHZ but who really even needs 4.6 these days.. i got my 3570K at 4.4GHZ 24/7 and validated on a ASRock Extreme4. All powered on a Corsair TX 750 watt. but since your only using 1 card for now and maybe another later I'd advice a 650 watt power supply.. That extra bit of power makes the difference when overclocking.
November 13, 2012 3:08:50 PM

excella1221 said:
+1 to xtreme5.

There is also little point in getting a CPU that's a generation behind and the cost difference is like $10.

Z68 boards are also, weird enough, more expensive than the much more feature-updated Z77 chipset.

A 2500k OC'd to 4.7GHz is about the same as a 3570K @ 4.4-4.5GHz.

The NH-D14 would outperform the H60. Closed loop water coolers aren't that great and are rarely recommended.

What's so weird about the z68 boards? I have the Asus z68-pro-gen3 board and it's fantastic.

OP: The PSU's listed by a poster are the ones you should pick from. I personally love Corsair (HX series).
November 13, 2012 3:40:03 PM

^I was referring to how it's more expensive than the z77 boards despite it being an older generation.
a b à CPUs
November 13, 2012 3:55:24 PM

z68 boards are working on ivy bridge but first you have to Flash the Bios.
November 13, 2012 3:57:58 PM

excella1221 said:
^I was referring to how it's more expensive than the z77 boards despite it being an older generation.

Oh. Was just curious because I was waiting for the 3770 to drop. 3770k dropped.
a b à CPUs
November 13, 2012 4:00:03 PM

Leave extra headache, just get 3570k with z77 chipset board don't touch any other component.
November 13, 2012 5:05:59 PM

thank's for the help on this, but the powersupply what would you recommend also i aready have the ram.....and motherboard :(  well i could send the MOBO back and get the z77 asus one i said at the beginning.
the link to where i would get it = http://www.ebuyer.com/363228-asus-p8z77-v-lx-socket-115...

so i think ill get the noctua NH-D14 for its performance
would this SSD be ok its 55 pounds http://www.ebuyer.com/225416-ocz-120gb-vertex-2e-ssd-oc...

well thanks for the help so far :D 
November 13, 2012 5:27:08 PM

harveyosborne said:
thank's for the help on this, but the powersupply what would you recommend also i aready have the ram.....and motherboard :(  well i could send the MOBO back and get the z77 asus one i said at the beginning.
the link to where i would get it = http://www.ebuyer.com/363228-asus-p8z77-v-lx-socket-115...

so i think ill get the noctua NH-D14 for its performance
would this SSD be ok its 55 pounds http://www.ebuyer.com/225416-ocz-120gb-vertex-2e-ssd-oc...

well thanks for the help so far :D 

I wouldn't skimp on the PSU, this one is great:

CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

SSD: Samsung 830 128GB is a great one. I have it on my system. (Desktop kit). It comes with the tray as well.
November 13, 2012 5:46:42 PM

Bronze makes me weary.

If you can, try to get one of the HX's. Modular is nice because it takes away the clutter also. If Corsair is too expensive, try PC Cooling, Antec, or Seasonic. Try gold or even silver but gold and higher are the best.

My 850 HX has a 7-year warranty and has plenty of cables. Whatever I don't need, I put away :)  It's very quiet.

Check also what you are connecting (MB, video card, etc) and make sure the PSU has the necessary plugs you require.

i5-2500
Asus Gen3-z68 Pro MB
GTX570 MSI OC/PE edition
Auzentech XFI sound card
Corsair 850HX Modular PSU
16GB Corsair ddr3-1600 RAM
Samsung 830 128GB SSD (WIndows 7 and drivers)
WD Velociraptor 300GB for games
Logitech 5.1 Digital speakers
Logitech Gaming mouse/keyboard
CM HAF 932 Full tower
CM Hyper212+ heatsink and fan
a b à CPUs
November 13, 2012 6:07:00 PM

IntelEnthusiast said:
When you compare the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K and the Intel Core i5-3570K on performance when overclocking think of them as a wash, they even out. The Intel Core i5-3570K is about 6% faster at the same clock speed as the Intel Core i5-2500K but it gets hotter when you are overclocking. So you are most likely not going to be able overclock as high.

Most likely you will be able to overclock the Intel Core i5-2500K to around 4.5GHz or 4.6GHz and you would only be able to reach around 4.3GHz with the Intel Core i5-3570K but due to that 6% improvement in performance it would run about the same as the Intel Core i5-2500K does at 4.6GHz.

So by moving to the Z77 chipset and the Intel Core i5-3570K you will also pick up PCI-E 3.0 that you wouldn’t be able to reach with the Intel Core i5-2500K. While not much right now will even touch that it is still nice to have waiting for something to use it.

The Corsair H60 is a nice quiet cooler but it isn't the equal of the Noctua NH-D14. You would have to be up to around the Corsair H100 to reach the performance of the NH-D14.

While there is some improvement from DDR 3 2133 it really isnt work the extra cost just go with DDR 3 1600.

I don't know Powercool PSU (Power Supply Unit) but I would advise that you look PSU from a manufacturer with a reputation for quality. Corsair, Antec, SeaSonic, XFX, and PC Power and Cooling are solid PSUs.
+1 this is best answer right here.
November 13, 2012 6:48:33 PM

well here is what my pc build it right now

CPU = i5 3570k
GPU =asus geforce gtx 670
PSU = XFX 750W XXX Edition Modular PSU
Case = antec eleven hundread
HSF = noctua NH-D14
OS = windows 7 64bit home priemium
RAM = Gskill 2133 mhz 8gb (i already have it so no point in sending it back :D )
Speakers = Sweex USB 2.0 Speaker Set - Black/Red
optical drive = Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x Internal SATA DVD Multi Writer Black Bare
monitor = Samsung S24B300BL 23.6 inch
HDD = x2 Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB (might get 60gb SSD for OS)

and yh that is what i want to get
November 13, 2012 6:50:26 PM

but is the PSU i have the Powercool one is it good enough for my build? because i no a guy who makes pc's for gamer's around where i live and he told me to get the powercool because he think's its fine for my build
a b à CPUs
November 13, 2012 7:29:10 PM

harveyosborne said:
but is the PSU i have the Powercool one is it good enough for my build? because i no a guy who makes pc's for gamer's around where i live and he told me to get the powercool because he think's its fine for my build

Will it work? Sure.. Will it last and never damage your other components? Maybe..
Look at it this way. You have one guy (that you know) saying it'll be fine who builds gaming computers.
You also have 7 different guys (here) that say go with a trusted brand (Corsair, Antec, SeaSonic, XFX, and PC Power and Cooling are solid PSUs.*quoting our Intel enthusiast) You can go with either or. Both will work. If it were mine or someone I was building for I'd go with one of the suggested brands here. Better safe then sorry. The psu can end up being the most important part of a build since a bad one can destroy every piece of your rig.

Stick with the xfx you have listed ;) 
a c 190 à CPUs
November 13, 2012 8:22:59 PM

Power Supplies are one of the most common items to go bad on a computer. When they go bad there can be a couple things that happen. Sometimes they just stop working, but sometimes they start to lose power and they you dont understand what the problem is because some components can start acting like they are having problems.

One person I know ended up replacing half the components in his system before he figured out that the problems he was having was caused by the PSU.

The last option is that you have a extreme failure on the PSU and it can damage other components, this is rare but it isnt unheard of.

To help you out here are a couple resources that you might find useful when it comes to PSUs.

This will help you find the base level of power that you will need. It is important to understand that you are going to want to add 25% or more to this amount in order to make sure that you have enough power for your system now and into the future. http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

This next link is for the Tiered Power Supply List. This list will help you understand the quality of the PSU that you are looking at. http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/1/323050/ShowThread.aspx

In the end any PSU out there might work and work well for a long time but overall the better the unit the better chance that you won't have any issues.

a b à CPUs
November 13, 2012 8:46:52 PM

harveyosborne said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-HX750-Professional-Seri...

there is a 116.40 pound PSU by corsair is that one ok? or stay with the other one the XFX one
That is a great power supply!QUOTE Conclusions

"Corsair HX750W is an impressive power supply, being to this date one of the power supplies with the highest efficiency that we’ve tested to date, easily beating all other 750 W power supplies we’ve tested, including those also based on a DC-DC design on the secondary like Antec TruePower New.

Not only the DC-DC design proved to be superior, but Corsair/CWT decided to use only high-end components inside this unit, which features only Japanese capacitors and solid caps on the DC-DC converters in charge of the + 5 V and +3.3 V outputs.

We could also pull up to 910 W at 46º C from this unit, which is really impressive.

The number of cables available is perfect for a 750 W product (12 SATA power connectors, eight peripheral power connectors and four six/eight-pin video card power connectors), allowing you to build a very high-end system with two very high-end video cards (more video cards are supported if you use adapters to convert standard peripheral power plugs into video card power connectors).

The seven-year warranty – losing only to BFG’s lifetime warranty – is also another reason to pick this product over competitors.

Corsair HX750W is a very good choice for users looking for a 750 W power supply with one of the highest efficiencies around."

Source: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-HX750W-P...
November 13, 2012 8:47:15 PM

The Sandy Bridge line has higher voltage requirements than the Ivy Bridge... but, is better with overclocking. However, the Ivy Bridge has lower wattage, and is excellent with overclocking if you have a great aftermarket cooler...

I would say go with the i5 3570K.
November 13, 2012 8:51:03 PM

cool thanks for the responses :D  both helped me alot :D 
a b à CPUs
November 13, 2012 8:52:14 PM

Your very welcome!
a b à CPUs
November 13, 2012 9:34:45 PM

A 750W PSU is nearing overkill for this build. If you need to save a little money, stay with a good brand, and get something in the 500W - 600W range. Really, you won't need more than 550W unless you run multiple GPUs. Smaller capacity PSUs also have fewer superfluous cables, so modular cabling isn't as big a deal for them.
November 14, 2012 1:09:06 PM

k found out i cant send my MOBO back to ebuyer after 7 working days D: so im gonna sell the mobo on amazon xD
November 14, 2012 7:40:42 PM

Hi quick question ,
when recording with fraps would it be better me getting x3 500gb western digital 7200rpm HDD's for fraps to write on and use raid 5 for them to make fraps be able to write to the HDD's faster??
a c 190 à CPUs
November 14, 2012 7:53:05 PM

It will be faster to write the information to a normal HDD over to a RAID 5. The reason it is slow to write is because you have to do the work of breaking the information up and then sending it to the correct HDD in the RAID over just writing it to a single HDD.

Now the RAID 5 will be faster when you are accessing the information.
November 14, 2012 8:25:33 PM

well you see im aiming with this pc that im making to record lets play's of games such as boarderlands 2 , minecraft , WoW , BF3 maybe and i would use fraps to record it to a 2nd HDD purely for fraps videos so would having x3 500gb 7200 rpm hdd's in raid 5 be better than x2 1tb HDD's one for videos other for (OS storage and games) ?
November 17, 2012 9:30:42 AM

hey you guys what is the best monitor for under 200 pounds that is for gaming/video editing/photo editing i have been told that samsung is the brand to go for.

post what monitor you think is the best for what im thinking of doing with it.
November 17, 2012 10:01:10 AM

thanks for the fast reply on this ,
i read the review's on the first one and they said that because its an ips monitor it isnt as great quality as other monitors is this true?
a b à CPUs
November 17, 2012 10:25:04 AM

As far as which monitor is for you all depends Response Rate

The response rate of an LCD monitor refers to how quickly each pixel on the screen can change color. The lower the response rate, the faster the screen updates. If you are playing fast-paced action game for example, where the images change quickly, if you're playing on a monitor with a slower response rate, you may experience what is known as "ghosting". Ghosting happens when the previous image displayed on the screen can still be seen as a blur for moments after the image has changed.

When choosing the best gaming monitor, the response rate is perhaps the single most important factor to consider. Ghosting and motion blur can ruin your overall gaming experience. The faster the response rate of your monitor, the less ghosting you will see.

I would say that an LCD with a response rate of 5ms is the minimum for gaming. Lower than 5ms is better of course (remember that the lower, the faster), and the very best gaming monitors on the market have extremely fast response rates such as 2ms and lower to avoid any ghosting/blur issues completely.

LED vs LCD Monitors

LED monitors are the exact same as LCD monitors, except they use LED backlighting which provides some advantages such as a brighter and sharper display, thinner screen, and lower power usage.

LED monitors currently cost a little more than a standard LCD, but if you want the best gaming monitor then I would definitely suggest you buy one. If not, a standard LCD monitor with a good response rate will do just fine.

What Size Monitor?

Ultimately, the size you go for is totally up to you and how much you're willing to spend. Obviously the larger the screen, the more expensive it will be, but for the best gaming monitor experience I would suggest at least 19", and go for a widescreen LCD if you can. Nothing beats gaming on a nice, decent-sized widescreen monitor.

If you want the most immersive gaming experience possible and you have the money to spend, go for a quality 23" or 24" screen, or even 25" and above. After gaming on such a massive screen you won't ever want to go back to a smaller screen!

Contrast Ratio

The contrast ratio of a monitor can be a helpful spec to generally compare picture quality between different monitors. In general, the higher the contrast ratio, the better the picture quality.

With high contrast ratios your screen can produce deeper black levels, which creates a more immersive and visually sharp experience. Keep in mind that the contrast ratio isn't always an accurate measure of image quality, so don't use it solely to compare two monitors as there's more to it than that.

Viewing Angle

If you look at an LCD monitor from an angle, you will notice that the image appears dimmer and the colors can look weird. At extreme angles the entire image can even disappear. The viewing angle of an LCD monitor is the angle at which you can still view the screen clearly, and is usually listed in the monitor's specifications list.

The greater the viewing angle, the better, but for gamers the viewing angle doesn't really matter because you are looking directly at the screen the whole time. But there are some people who will consider the viewing angle important, for example if you need to show presentations with your LCD monitor.

Matte vs Glossy Screens There are two kinds of modern LCD screens: matte (anti-glare) and glossy. Both have their pros and cons and are a subject of many discussions.

Matte screens don't get glare or reflections on them; however, the same rough surface (polarizer) that reduces the intensity of reflected light results in less contrast and brightness since the light from the LCD screen has to pass through it. Matte screens diffuse light instead of reflecting it so they might be easier to read outdoors, if the backlight provides enough brightness. You don't have to worry about reflections unlike with a glossy screen. One of the downsides of a strong anti-glare coating in matte displays is a grainy "crystalline" pattern which is mostly visible when viewing text on a white background.

Glossy screens have vibrant colors and high contrast and brightness because they have a smooth, high-gloss surface. As a result, it is often the choice for movies or gaming. However, strong lighting sources in the environment cause glare on these screens which is not only annoying, but can also cause eye strain and pain. If the lighting isn't adequate, you will also see distracting reflections on the screen. Some graphics designers may find the colors inaccurate, although that mostly depends on the LCD matrix. Glossy will work great for you if the lighting in your room doesn't create any glare on the screen. 120Hz
Why a 120Hz Refresh Rate Computer Monitor?
120Hz Vs. 60Hz
120 Hz vs. 60Hz Refresh Rate - Source: BenQBoth response time, the time it takes for a pixel to go from black to white and back again, and input lag, the difference in time that it takes for you to input a command into your computer and see it displayed, are very well-known terms in the gaming community. Few gamers think about the impact that a higher refresh rate will have on their game.

What is Refresh Rate?

Refresh rate is basically the amount of times in a second that a monitor will draw the data which it receives. Most TN and IPS panel monitors have a 60Hz refresh rate. In order to really see all the advantages that come with a 120Hz display you should be gaming at an FPS well above 60.

Benefits of 120Hz:

1. Details are more crisp, smoothly rendered, and lifelike.
2. More Responsive If you're looking for the best 3D monitor that will also play great in 2D, then you should choose between the BenQ XL2420T and the ASUS VG278H. Both incorporate nVidia's 3D Vision 2 with 3D LightBoost which greatly improves the overall 3D experience.

While the BenQ doesn't disappoint as far as specifications with a 2ms response time, 120Hz refresh rate, low input lag, and a great picture, The XL2420T comes with a lot of other features built-in to this monitor specifically for gamers including FPS Mode, RTS Mode, Intuitive OSD, S. Switch;Height Adjustment, and Game Mode Loader.

If you just want this monitor for the 2D technology, then you might want to consider its predecessor, XL2410T, which is significantly cheaper and has many of the same features as the XL2420T, but has nVidia 3D Vision rather than 3D Vision 2.Photo editing is an art that goes beyond just modifying a picture, it often times requires a monitor with accurate color reproduction which has been correctly calibrated.When looking for a photo editing monitor and budget IPS display monitors are good choice for that.
November 17, 2012 10:45:24 AM

thanks for the info on this this has solved alot of my questions about this .
the Benq XL2410T looks like exactly what ill need because i dont want to use 3D on my monitor and if you say its fine for video editing and gaming then i think i might put in the extra 120 pounds.

this is the one i found at first it was a samsung = http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-S24B300BL-23-6-Widescre...

and im not going to overclock my CPU so im going to stick with the stock cooler and see what temp's i get if they get to high ill get the Coolermaster hyper 212 evo ive heard its just as good a the noctua NH-D14 just cheaper
a b à CPUs
November 17, 2012 11:20:20 AM

That one is fine.
November 17, 2012 11:27:20 AM

cool it looks about the same as the one u sent me. :D 
its a 120hz and 24" LED and i think it looks nice:D  well thanks for the help on this ;D
a b à CPUs
November 17, 2012 4:56:32 PM

Your welcome!
a c 345 à CPUs
November 17, 2012 4:57:15 PM

I don't know how important the monitor response time is.

There does not seem to be any standard on how to measure it.

Regardless, a 5ms time will happen 200 times per second
A 2ms time is 500 per second.
Most lcd monitors will refresh at 60hz, and some at 120hz.

It takes a very strong graphics card to get consistently past 60FPS.

My personal metric for quality is the viewing angle.
If it is low, your head position is important, or the image looks washed out.
The very best are 178/178.
More common is 170/160.

Most monitors allow some number of dead pixels before you are eligible for a rma.
If the dead pixel is in a bad place, it can be annoying.
Samsung makes the panels for many other monitors, and I think they keep the best samples for themselves.
I have never had a dead pixel from them.
November 18, 2012 10:35:36 AM

hey thanks for info on that but also this pc i am going to build will be for christmas and if i order my pc parts from amazon since christmas is 37 days away i will not be able to see if the parts are defective and would have missed the time to send it back for new ones, so what should i do buy the parts next week or get them now?? say for instance my GPU is damaged i cant tell untill after christmas then im stuck.
a c 345 à CPUs
November 18, 2012 2:00:00 PM

harveyosborne said:
hey thanks for info on that but also this pc i am going to build will be for christmas and if i order my pc parts from amazon since christmas is 37 days away i will not be able to see if the parts are defective and would have missed the time to send it back for new ones, so what should i do buy the parts next week or get them now?? say for instance my GPU is damaged i cant tell untill after christmas then im stuck.

Check on the return/rma period policy from where you will be buying.
Many places extend the time for Christmas shoppers for exactly the reason you explained.

But, I generally would wait to buy things all at once. PC parts generally decline over time.
I would not fear defects so much as running out of stock on popular items.

Places like Newegg have a normal 30 day return policy, so a delay of 7 days could ease your concerns.
November 18, 2012 2:25:48 PM

ok thanks for the help
December 10, 2012 7:55:27 AM

ok i have a big question how do i update the bios of a z68 chipset MOBO to work with the i5 3570k im not going to overclock it and i got the hyper 212 evo Heat sink i have the z68x-ud3-b3 here in my hand and it supports the 3570k but how would i update the bios
i had bought it from ebuyer.com and they would not let me send it back! so im stuck with this MOBO it does support ivybridge and sandybridge it shows a list of compatible CPU'S for this mobo on the gigabyte site and it just said its compatible here is the link

http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3...
so if you could help me out on this like if i should just get the p8z77-v LX and then be stuck with a spare motherboard or update the bios on the ga-z68x-ud3-b3 but how would i update the bios of this mobo
!