Removing Items From the Add/Remove List

March 8, 2005 10:13:09 PM

My son's XP Pro machine has several programs listed in the Add/Remove list
that he says he deleted. Now when trying to uninstall again, I get an error
(I guess because the application is gone). At any rate, what is the best
way to clean up the Add/Remove. I would like to get rid of the 4-programs
(that don't exist) listed.

I know these are in the registry. Should I just search for the exact title
and remove them?
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 10:13:10 PM

In news:9PmXd.81749$wc.66217@trnddc07,
JCO <joliviero4@hotmail.com> typed:

> My son's XP Pro machine has several programs listed in the
> Add/Remove
> list that he says he deleted. Now when trying to uninstall
> again, I
> get an error (I guess because the application is gone). At any
> rate,
> what is the best way to clean up the Add/Remove. I would like
> to get
> rid of the 4-programs (that don't exist) listed.

Read here: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 7:45:07 AM

JCO rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

> My son's XP Pro machine has several programs listed in the Add/Remove list
> that he says he deleted. Now when trying to uninstall again, I get an
error
> (I guess because the application is gone). At any rate, what is the best
> way to clean up the Add/Remove. I would like to get rid of the 4-programs
> (that don't exist) listed.
>
> I know these are in the registry. Should I just search for the exact title
> and remove them?

Go here http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm
March 11, 2005 8:07:16 PM

This worked perfect.!

> In news:9PmXd.81749$wc.66217@trnddc07,
> JCO <joliviero4@hotmail.com> typed:
>
> > My son's XP Pro machine has several programs listed in the
> > Add/Remove
> > list that he says he deleted. Now when trying to uninstall
> > again, I
> > get an error (I guess because the application is gone). At any
> > rate,
> > what is the best way to clean up the Add/Remove. I would like
> > to get
> > rid of the 4-programs (that don't exist) listed.
>

> Read here: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

> Please reply to the newsgroup

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 8:07:17 PM

In news:8fkYd.238$uw6.3@trnddc06,
JCO <joliviero4@hotmail.com> typed:

> This worked perfect.!

Great! Glad to have helped, and thanks for letting us know.

!