Removing Items From the Add/Remove List

My son's XP Pro machine has several programs listed in the Add/Remove list
that he says he deleted. Now when trying to uninstall again, I get an error
(I guess because the application is gone). At any rate, what is the best
way to clean up the Add/Remove. I would like to get rid of the 4-programs
(that don't exist) listed.

I know these are in the registry. Should I just search for the exact title
and remove them?
4 answers Last reply
More about removing items remove list

    In news:9PmXd.81749$wc.66217@trnddc07,
    JCO <joliviero4@hotmail.com> typed:

    > My son's XP Pro machine has several programs listed in the
    > Add/Remove
    > list that he says he deleted. Now when trying to uninstall
    > again, I
    > get an error (I guess because the application is gone). At any
    > rate,
    > what is the best way to clean up the Add/Remove. I would like
    > to get
    > rid of the 4-programs (that don't exist) listed.

    Read here: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    JCO rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

    > My son's XP Pro machine has several programs listed in the Add/Remove list
    > that he says he deleted. Now when trying to uninstall again, I get an
    error
    > (I guess because the application is gone). At any rate, what is the best
    > way to clean up the Add/Remove. I would like to get rid of the 4-programs
    > (that don't exist) listed.
    >
    > I know these are in the registry. Should I just search for the exact title
    > and remove them?

    Go here http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

    This worked perfect.!

    In news:8fkYd.238$uw6.3@trnddc06,
    JCO <joliviero4@hotmail.com> typed:

    > This worked perfect.!

    Great! Glad to have helped, and thanks for letting us know.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    >> In news:9PmXd.81749$wc.66217@trnddc07,
    >> JCO <joliviero4@hotmail.com> typed:
    >>
    >>> My son's XP Pro machine has several programs listed in the
    >>> Add/Remove
    >>> list that he says he deleted. Now when trying to uninstall
    >>> again, I
    >>> get an error (I guess because the application is gone). At
    >>> any
    >>> rate,
    >>> what is the best way to clean up the Add/Remove. I would
    >>> like
    >>> to get
    >>> rid of the 4-programs (that don't exist) listed.
    >>

    >> Read here: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove
    >>
    >> --
    >> Please reply to the newsgroup

Configuration Customization Windows XP