Bog amateur standard photographer

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 9, 2005 3:08:09 AM

I am completely useless at taking photos. I've bought a Panasonic
DMC-LZ2 Lumix Digital Camera. I would like to know a web site
(non-commercial) where I can submit my photos and receive constructive
criticism on what I'm doing wrong both in taking the photos and
digitally processing them. I am not a member type of person. I don't
want to subscribe to some arty-farty, way above my head, group. Just
need basic down to earth suggestions. Many thanks to any suggestions,
Hime
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 3:08:10 AM

"Hime" <not@meself.at.all> wrote in message
>I am completely useless at taking photos. I've bought a Panasonic DMC-LZ2
>Lumix Digital Camera. I would like to know a web site (non-commercial)
>where I can submit my photos and receive constructive criticism on what I'm
>doing wrong both in taking the photos and digitally processing them. I am
>not a member type of person. I don't want to subscribe to some arty-farty,
>way above my head, group. Just need basic down to earth suggestions. Many
>thanks to any suggestions,
> Hime

Post the message into this group and maybe they will be kind enough to help
you or find another group for you. I find Yahoo has some great groups for
specific products.

August 9, 2005 3:08:10 AM

Hime wrote:
> I am completely useless at taking photos. I've bought a Panasonic
> DMC-LZ2 Lumix Digital Camera. I would like to know a web site
> (non-commercial) where I can submit my photos and receive constructive
> criticism on what I'm doing wrong both in taking the photos and
> digitally processing them. I am not a member type of person. I don't
> want to subscribe to some arty-farty, way above my head, group. Just
> need basic down to earth suggestions. Many thanks to any suggestions,
> Hime

Nice camera. Check out dpreview's forums
(http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1033) and post your
pics there; they tend to be less.... ummm.... "edgy".... than the usual
Usenet denizen.

For learning the basics of photography, consider starting with a book -
"National Geographic Photography Field Guide 2nd Edition: Secrets to
Making Great Pictures"; there's more books in the series but this one
is the best. It may be available in your library. There are other good
books as well; ask around.

ECM
August 9, 2005 2:44:29 PM

www.photosig.com

I love it

--
If he is so smart, how come he is dead? - Homer Simpson
"Hime" <not@meself.at.all> wrote in message
>I am completely useless at taking photos. I've bought a Panasonic DMC-LZ2
>Lumix Digital Camera. I would like to know a web site (non-commercial)
>where I can submit my photos and receive constructive criticism on what I'm
>doing wrong both in taking the photos and digitally processing them. I am
>way above my head, group. Just need basic down to earth suggestions. Many
>thanks to any suggestions,
> Hime
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 10:22:33 PM