Sign in with
Your question

Powercolor vs sapphire HD6850

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 11, 2012 5:08:34 PM

Hey guys i am confused between buying a hd6850 powercolor or sapphire edition

1.http://www.flipkart.com/powercolor-amd-ati-radeon-hd685...

2.http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-radeon-hd-6850...

i live in india.the difference in price btw this 2 cards are very low i dont mind spending few extra bucks on sapphire if at all i am getting better performance..and btw is powercolor good brand in comparison with sapphire

thanks in advance :) 
a b U Graphics card
May 11, 2012 5:15:15 PM

They are the same aside from the partner company that manufactured it. Around here, PowerColor is viewed as one of the lowest quality gpu partners which is why they are always a few bucks cheaper.
m
l
May 11, 2012 5:18:50 PM

alrobichaud said:
They are the same aside from the partner company that manufactured it. Around here, PowerColor is viewed as one of the lowest quality gpu partners which is why they are always a few bucks cheaper.

sorry buddy but i didnt get what us aid wat is partner company.and so do u recommend that i should buy sapphire one and skip powercolor
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 11, 2012 6:11:48 PM

Sorry. All of the 5850's manufactured are of the same basic design. AMD and Nvidia contract out the building of their video cards to 'partner' companies that build the cards to the specification set out by the parent company. This is the same for all video cards made. The partners can modify the base settings such as the core clock speed and memory speed and they can use their ownd design coolers but that is about it. Having said that, a basic 5850 from PowerColor or Sapphire will run exactly the same. Even 'factory overclocked' versions are the exact same card. You can overclock any card yourself and acheive factory overclocked speeds. Both of these cards you linked are the same and they both have a decent 'non reference' style cooler. The only thing that would make one card better would be the manufacturing process and materials used. People who buy sapphire generally say how well they like the company and the quality of products they produce. PowerColor tends to get more negative feedback. So yes get the Sapphire card.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 11, 2012 6:53:11 PM

Get a sapphire card. They are very good as alrobichaud said and their cooling system is good than others. Actually sapphire is the best ati/amd video card manufacturer.
m
l
May 11, 2012 7:17:58 PM

+1 for the Sapphire
m
l
!