Sign in with
Your question

Computer has started to not boot but just constantly restart itself

Last response: in Components
November 13, 2012 5:50:41 PM

Hi guys,

Basically I built my computer about 2 years ago. Never had any problems with it. Left the house yesterday after having used it and it been fine got home today, turned it on and its now not working. The case fans, cpu fan, gfx card fan etc all power up. After about 3 seconds the led's on my keyboard flash. However this is as good as it gets because before anything even registers with my monitor everything powers down again. It stays off for a second or two then starts to boot itself again. This process repeats over and over. I've tried testing each stick of ram individually as well as a different hdd but the exact same problem continues. I've had a look around various forums but the only information relating to this kind of problem talks about rigs that are in the process of being built.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I'm thinking maybe an issue with the PSU but thats a complete guess! Any help will be massively appreciated.

Cheers

Tris
a b ) Power supply
November 13, 2012 6:02:48 PM

YEs, I would firstly test a different power supply, if possible.
November 14, 2012 7:34:24 PM

Yea think this is what I am going to have to try. Managed to get it running again yesterday after doing a power cycle but got the following screen on boot:

enabling unleashing mode failed
Press F1 to run setup
Press F2 to load default values and continue

Hit F2 and the computer worked fine all evening. Just tried to turn it on and now I'm back to the same issue but the power cycle isnt helping at all.
November 15, 2012 10:04:16 PM

Have tried another PSU but still have the same problem! Can anyone shed any light at all? Really need this comp up and running for work!
Related resources
!