Will these work for SLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambeau

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
I own these four and i am wondering if any combination will work for SLI. all are 1gb and the last two are made by EVGA.

CARDS: galaxy 560 gtx, asus 460 gtx, 550 ti, 430 gt.

I was planning on using the 460 for phys x and the 560 for graphics but then read the SLI thread on here and realized it probably wasn't possible.

Any answers or comments would be appreciated.

Solution
Unfortunately for SLI the cards need to be the same. Manufacturer can differ, but model must be the same.

It is suggested that manufacturer match as well.

auntarie

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2012

They will, but both cards will use the smaller memory amount.

xtreme5

Distinguished
you can't sli them they are completely differ from each other you need identical models to work in sli if the brand is differ then no matter it will work but models must be same for example
brand=> (asus) model=> (gtx 560ti) 1gb +brand=> (msi) model=>(gtx 560ti) 1gb = SLI but if
asus gtx 560ti + asus gtx 570 = no SLI.

alrobichaud

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

Have a quick read of the sli setup FAQ on the Nvidia website. It doesn't say anything about memory bandwidth, though I am sure that is the reason why, but it does state that the amount of VRAM on each gpu in an sli setup must be the same.

Like many FAQ's that one does not get updated frequently enough and it is also very generalized as it doesn't mention the cards with different RAM amounts that can be SLi'd.

Nvidia have possibly just tried to simplify it over the years and it was more the older pre 2xx series cards that were released with the same cards having different amounts of RAM, but it seems as though we may be returning to those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.